'05 sportivo into DITCH:-(

hello,

Decided to not go down to the coast on Friday 13th, being my 21st and all, so sat it was! Still managed to punt it into a ditch on a gravel/(fairly sandy) track goin' to my mates country farm.

Has anyone else found their corolla's to be a handful on gravel? Admittedly the rear was unloaded(no passengers), all tyres correctly inflated, but wanted to be v. taily@ MODERATE SPDS, but my mates STOCK '94 magna has no trouble @ ALL?

Managed to break the front skirt, front left underguard black plastic cover, scratched bumper. Think i can just get the bumper repainted(fog light/fitting repairable), still OK cond. BUT should i order a new skirt fr toyota -?cost?- so should i get an aftermarket one if avail @ simular price? ANy advice to cut repair cost much appreciated!

chereo

two beers :rolleyes:

Two Beers,

So sorry to hear about the accident.

Cant help you out with your question though, i'm far too fussy to drive my car on any dirt at all.

I cringe enough if I have to pull over on the side of a road that isnt sealed.

I'd advise using only genuine parts and making sure everything gets back to original as can be.

Cutting corners wont effect you in the short term but there are some pretty keen buyers out there well aware of dodgy smash repairs. A few extra dollars now might mean more peace of mind for yourself and the value you deserve come resale time!

As for the wheel alignment thing, not sure if this is why your car is 'taily'. If you do want your steering, suspension, wheels checked; see your dealer or even Inline Suspension and Steering at Queanbeyan for a check that would be absolutley second to none.

Edited by mick0082

hey man, thats no good at all! better get it fixed soon us canberra boys need to keep our numbers up!

the stivo's are very taily on the dirt but thats just because they are front wheel drive, there is no weight in the back! once u get it fixed, if u still got a bit of money left, upgrade the suspension and that should help a little bit.

hope all is ok with the repairs! where u getting it done? PM me if u dont want everyone to know or if u want some advice on where to go to get it done.

Thanks all,

Yeah, bit of a shame...but hey at least there was no mechanical broken :-) My mate also told be (after the incident of course) that 4 cars have plowed through his neighbours fences in the last 2 months inc a 4X4 the rolled it so def counting my blessings! (Really should go to church!)

Will be getting it all fixed ASAP, over the next few wks......prob get a few quotes 1st(Guess canberra toyotas for spares & quote for paint places to spray them? (anyone got any recommendation i should hit!, not literally) around & fix up try alignment & suspension check 1st!

yeah gravel roads aren't too friendly on the car.....reluctant to drive on them....but then again cars are there to get us from A to B, hopefully in one piece!

Chereo

two beers

Thanks all,

Yeah, bit of a shame...but hey at least there was no mechanical broken :-) My mate also told be (after the incident of course) that 4 cars have plowed through his neighbours fences in the last 2 months inc a 4X4 the rolled it so def counting my blessings! (Really should go to church!)

Will be getting it all fixed ASAP, over the next few wks......prob get a few quotes 1st(Guess canberra toyotas for spares & quote for paint places to spray them? (anyone got any recommendation i should hit!, not literally) around & fix up try alignment & suspension check 1st!

yeah gravel roads aren't too friendly on the car.....reluctant to drive on them....but then again cars are there to get us from A to B, hopefully in one piece!

Chereo

two beers

for painting, go and see Robert at Auto Body Care in Fyshwick. Paints all our cars for us, does a really neat job too. probably not the cheapest around, but u really get what u pay for.