RE: Hi from a new group member

nds

Hi,

I came across this group as I was researching some info for a sportivo purchase I am planning, so this group would be ideal to bouce ideas and get some tips from. I'm from melbourne and hoping to buy a sportivo very soon.

Does anyone have some of the specific differences between pre and post facelift models of the sportivo?

Do all post facelift models have the ecu and airbox upgrade/modifications?

Has anyone had much success with that cam controller mentioned in previous threads?

The average dyno reading for sportivos (Standard) would be 100-110kW atw?

Thanks

nds

the only real diff between the pre/post sportivos is they look different and thats about it.

yes, all the post facelift sportvios will have the ECU/Airbox recall done.

there is one guy on the forums thats running the camcom, he has a 1zz-fe corolla, as far as i know nobody in aus has tried the camcom unit on a sportivo.

most stock sportivos will run 100-110kw atw on a dyno there have been a few exceptions but thats where most of them sit.

the only real diff between the pre/post sportivos is they look different and thats about it.

yes, all the post facelift sportvios will have the ECU/Airbox recall done.

there is one guy on the forums thats running the camcom, he has a 1zz-fe corolla, as far as i know nobody in aus has tried the camcom unit on a sportivo.

most stock sportivos will run 100-110kw atw on a dyno there have been a few exceptions but thats where most of them sit.

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me how I can determine that the update has been done to a pre faclift model? I have no idea of how different the airboxes looks so any help would be appreciated.

If I buy a pre facelift car and the update hasnt been done can I still get toyota to complete the upgrade FOC? or is that only available to the original owner to claim?

Besides air filter and exhuast has anyone fitted an aftermarket chip/daughterboard that increased torque when off lift? (ie lower rev range?)

Also is it true that the tyre size is somewhat uncommon? Do most people upgrade to a 205/50/16?

Thanks again

there should be a white sticker on the inside of where the door closes, there are pics somehwere on the forums. The recall can be done by anyone, original owners or 10 down the line it dont matter.

there are few guys that have fitted Unichips, there is an emanage or 2 on some of the 1zz-fe rollas and myself and xoom have fitted Power FC's, all of witch help with the low end, some more then others.

some of the guys that are running the stock rims can step up and shed some light on the tyre issue.

Apart from looks you get an mp3 player in the facelift models along with changed clutch cables, heavier gear knob, auto mode for all 4 electric windows and better quality leather. The finish is better.

Apart from the looks, its all the same as lucio has mentioned. The finish/quality is better....., well the finish/quality is the same as I noticed, results very from car to car, no matter pre or post facelift.

Actually the heavier gear knob was done by the recall (along with the clutch cables), as it was done on mine.

So either way you go, pre or post facelift, you can't go wrong dude.

I own a pre-facelift stivo, no rattles, no issues, excellent stock power and economy (ask any Melbourne who knows my car) and would only upgrade it if the Compressor gets released in Australia.

I agree.

There are 4 Sportivo's in my family, 2 x 04's & 2 x 05's & there is no difference with the build quality. There are only 2 extra features on the 05 model, Auto up & down for all four windows & a MP3 CD player. Personally I like the silver finish in the interior on the 04 better than the fake Carbon Fibre or whatever it is in the 05, although having said that it is easy to scratch the silver on the 04. Also I have weighed the gear knob's out of curiosity as I had never heard about this, they are both the same weight.

As far as Tyre's go I think alot of people stay with standard until they are worn out or upgrade to a 17" wheel with a 215/45/17 as I have done. Having said that there would be no problem with fitting a 205/50/16 to the standard rim if you wanted to, I'm sure this would give you reasonable improvement in grip levels