Toyota 7644 SatNav Head Unit

Jonn0

Hi Guys

I heard some People where looking for diferent Head Units for there cars.

Hear is the new Toyota 7644 SatNav Head Unit :)

Not sure on pricing yet but though I would post the PDF incase any one else in interested...

Also trying to find out how many RCA's out it has...

Enjoy

FB

toy7644_sat_nav_kpb.pdf

Hay kelvin33

Not tooo sure just yet... trying to find some more info about it at the moment, when I find any thing out I'll let you know :D

FB

I've tested a few of those at work.

They're a good thing for a couple of main reasons:

Completely self-contained unit. Simply drop in the dash and attach the GPS antenna. - no more dvd reader in the boot.

The unit now supports a lot more colours, so the maps look nice as do the menus. Plus you get the excellent quality of Toyota's sat-nav.

Unfortunately, I was dissappointed that the unit, as far as audio, is pretty much the same. The AVS has a few adjustable preset levels, but nothing extraordinary, and the EQ is the same Treble Bass Mid adjustment. *** I'd love parametric in a stock HU.

Anyway, its a good thing, but probably insanely expensive.

yeah id be interested in getting this Sat Nav unit aswell :) (depending on price of course)

for some reason on the Toyota website, it is only avaliable as the Sat Nav option of all models except the Camry and Avalon...

which both get the older model Sat Nav systems, for some reason:

http://camry.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/...825_642,00.html

anybody know if this new system will work with the new Camrys?

and also with steering wheel audio controls?

with fitting, id also like to know if you can DIY, or should it be professionally done (at Toyota)?

like if it is plug and play, then you can DIY obviously :lol:

When i bought my sportivo back in March 04 i enquired about the nav system.

they told me that the nav system option would set me back around $4500...

..there went that idea.

Goddam!

When I brought my car in May the dealer told me it would be around $2000. I should have taken him up on it.

Personally I think i'm going to get a portable GPS unit. I'm in an out of different cars alot so it makes more sense on both a cost and practicality basis.

When i bought my sportivo back in March 04 i enquired about the nav system.

they told me that the nav system option would set me back around $4500...

..there went that idea.

Goddam!

When I brought my car in May the dealer told me it would be around $2000. I should have taken him up on it.

Personally I think i'm going to get a portable GPS unit. I'm in an out of different cars alot so it makes more sense on both a cost and practicality basis.

Im having the same ideas atm. My sportivo corolla arrives in 2 months and my dad said that the dvd sat nav was expensive. But 4500 dollars for a screen? Noo waiiii lol. You can get awesome sound upgrades for 4500 dollars. :) I heard it was 2000 dollars as well. Does this **** even play dvds???