UHF Radio choice..?

Hello - I want to buy a UHF transceiver but not sure which to go for. Thought i'd try DSE just for a bit of advice yesterday, but came out feeling a bit frustrated at the salespersons lack of enthusiasm...

The only one they really recommended was the GME TX3200 - is that good or not? Nothing to compare it against see... At site we use Motorolas, but again i don't know which would be better.

Any advice? Thanks - also what type of aerial..?

Cheers ~PHIL

PS I ought to say that it would be used for bush driving/ general road trips up t'north etc from Perth. Just want to make sure we get as good as we can for the money we can spend...

Edited by BuffaloMG

• 1 year later...
Hello - I want to buy a UHF transceiver but not sure which to go for. Thought i'd try DSE just for a bit of advice yesterday, but came out feeling a bit frustrated at the salespersons lack of enthusiasm...

The only one they really recommended was the GME TX3200 - is that good or not? Nothing to compare it against see... At site we use Motorolas, but again i don't know which would be better.

Any advice? Thanks - also what type of aerial..?

Cheers ~PHIL

PS I ought to say that it would be used for bush driving/ general road trips up t'north etc from Perth. Just want to make sure we get as good as we can for the money we can spend...

Go the GME.

If your in Sydney I may be able to help

No comments on the type of radio but where do people without bullbars mount the antennas. Where would the least intrusive spot to mount the antenna be. Roof rack area is a thought but what about low clearance areas.?

Well, I've decided to overlook the GME and I went with a uniden unit, because the unit had everything I needed, had the speaker built into the front of the unit (not a hidden away unit, so you can barely hear it!) was cheaper, and has 2 year warranty. GME i'm sure is a great product, but the Uniden will do me just fine...

As for the people looking for somewhere to mount the ariel without a bull bar in place....Using a "off the shelf bracket", they get mounted on the top of the front guard. The bracket slips uner the bonnet and is mounted to the body of the vehicle.

I hope that's not too confusing <_<

I hope the Uniden lives up to all you expectations good luck with the installation. I have a commercial Kenwood radio to put into the Kluger not sure when and where Im going to mount it as its a remote unit so the main nit can go under the seat I hope and the head some where may be the glove box.

My antenna is a commercial job again (as its my business Radios) on glass antenna for minimum intrusion with its compact size and no holes required mounting. It will do the job when in convoy for snow trips or 4X4ing :yahoo:

Edited by PC XT