Anyone noticed this about their ZRE152?

If you have the key between ACC and ON, it gives you the same functions as ACC plus the thermo fans run at full speed. I wonder why?

Yes, the Aurion is the same. Possibly a way to test the fans on the production line after the engine has been fitted. Pretty sure it's only an Australian assembled thing though as I've never seen it on any Japanese models.

Could just be a quirk of a make-before-break switch, you can do a similar thing with some headlights where it you balance the stalk between low and high you can get both to turn on at the same time (even if your lows normally turn off when the highs come on)

9 hours ago, Hiro said:

Could just be a quirk of a make-before-break switch, you can do a similar thing with some headlights where it you balance the stalk between low and high you can get both to turn on at the same time (even if your lows normally turn off when the highs come on)

That's what I thought initially, but it does it even when the engine is dead cold, so there's no reason for the fans to come on when the key is in the 'ON' position or otherwise. Seems like Toyota did it on purpose.

1 hour ago, Full-Throttle said:

That's what I thought initially, but it does it even when the engine is dead cold, so there's no reason for the fans to come on when the key is in the 'ON' position or otherwise. Seems like Toyota did it on purpose.

That would make sense if push button start didn't exist. If it was for a reason, you would think they would either not use push button start, or implement a way to enable this with the push button start as well.

I have played around a little with our ZR6(push button start) and there is no way that I can it being plausible on anything other than key start models.