Improving handing of 93 Vienta

johnw

I have been driving a friends 97 Adui A4 and I like the ride and handling of it.

I noticed that the A4 has a factory strut brace (like a second, semi-firewall) and I was wondering if installing a strut brace in the Camry might improve handling noticably? or is it just in really hard turns?

Anyone got a strut brace in their car? What's it like afterwards?

I know by installing a strut brace I am not going to transform the Camry into an A4 :P but eventually I'm hoping to put some King Springs (Super Low) and Better Shocks (SportsRyder or even Koni if it's worth putting them in a Camry :P) and a sway bar.

What is the general opinion of doing this kind of upgrade to a Camry suspension? Will it ruin ride comfort? Is it worthwhile or just "forget it, it's just a camry, mate!" (as one of my friends said :P)

Cheers

I have been driving a friends 97 Adui A4 and I like the ride and handling of it.

I noticed that the A4 has a factory strut brace (like a second, semi-firewall) and I was wondering if installing a strut brace in the Camry might improve handling noticably? or is it just in really hard turns?

Anyone got a strut brace in their car? What's it like afterwards?

I know by installing a strut brace I am not going to transform the Camry into an A4 :P but eventually I'm hoping to put some King Springs (Super Low) and Better Shocks (SportsRyder or even Koni if it's worth putting them in a Camry :P) and a sway bar.

What is the general opinion of doing this kind of upgrade to a Camry suspension? Will it ruin ride comfort? Is it worthwhile or just "forget it, it's just a camry, mate!" (as one of my friends said :P)

Cheers

Mate, you can improve the handling of any car regardless of the make/model.

"forget it, it's just a camry, mate!"

the camry is really not that different to the older accords. And yet the accord is a more popular choice for mods. it's just all marketing BS. if you like the car and enjoy driving it then it's worth modding.

Hey,

Getting a WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR will definately improve your handling, as far for the Front Strut Bar, don't get them unless you have the extra Cash for it (they improve but not much)

Kingsprings are very good too, i got them on my camry!

What's the ride comfort like after the Kings?

Do stuff in the boot start "bouncing" alot if you go on a rougher road? :P

Afterall I do like the smooth ride, just don't like the boat-like cornering roll.

Cheers :)

Just about every car i have had I upgrade the springs and shocks.

For a front-wheel drive car the rear sway bar and front strut brace is the way to go. I wonder if the Sportivo brace of the Camry 5/5.5 will fit your car you maybe able to buy one aftermarket or a ta wreckers.

I am really happy with mine (shocks are standard - although the Sportivo has uprated shocks ) I have king springs low - not super low and a whiteline rear sway bar. I recommend all these as well its good to upgrade wheels and rubber to say 18”.

I found with even an older car springs/shocks and rubber transform the car into something you can really enjoy driving. I would rather handling over power. You will find you can increase your cornering speed and use less throttle which saves you fuel :). It wont be like a boat uless you dont get good shocks.

my last car was VW (similar to an Audi) and I upgraded the suspension in that , nice on the corners then