Engine buzzing when 'ignition on' but engine is off

Daniel's

Hi guys,

I just noticed the engine will be buzzing if I press the 'START' button twice, which is the 'ignition on (turns on all electronic devices)' mode but is the engine is off. The continuous buzzing came just under the plastic cover of the engine and it will remain buzzing until the engine is turned on or the 'START' button is pressed again. Does anyone have the same issue and do you know why the engine is buzzing ? Thanks.

18 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Turbo stepper motor?

Not sure. All I know is has a turbo diesel engine but I checked others websites, which say Prado has a turbo stepper motor. 

I know it has a stepper motor, is the noise coming from it? Can you have a look/take a photo of the part you can hear it coming from?

If this is not possible, you should take it to a mechanic to diagnose for you.

On 10/4/2017 at 9:19 PM, trentmeyer23 said:

I know it has a stepper motor, is the noise coming from it? Can you have a look/take a photo of the part you can hear it coming from?

If this is not possible, you should take it to a mechanic to diagnose for you.

I checked again. It seems that the buzzing is under the right side of the black engine cover (red-circled area). Unfortunately I do not know which part is stepper motor / what is creating the the bee-like buzzing.

IMG_20171005_192104.jpg

IMG_20171005_192246.jpg