How Light are Your Rims

BLKRLA

Thanks to Dennis ZZE122 weighing his Sportivo rims & getting a result of 17.1kg, I was inspired to weigh my aftermarket rims to see how light they really are.

I first weighed my Sportivo rim & got a result of 16.5kg. I then weighed my aftermarket rims, which are Enkei RP03 17" rims with Bridgestone GIII tyres & got exactly the same weight - 16.5kg.

I'm know interested to find who makes the lighest rim.

If anyone is prepared to make the effort you will need to weigh your standard rim as a control & then weigh your aftermarket rim on the same scales. This way we'll be able to make a true comparison.

This could be a great post for anyone looking for a set of light weight rims. If you can get picture so people can see what the wheel looks like on the car then even better.

STANDARD RIMS , BRIDGESTONE TURANZA 195/55/16 - 16.5KG

ENKEI RP03, BRIDGESTONE GIII 215/45/17 - 16.5KG

post-598-1141645457_thumb.jpg

Edited by BLKRLA

Thanks to Dennis ZZE122 weighing his Sportivo rims & getting a result of 17.1kg, I was inspired to weigh my aftermarket rims to see how light they really are.

I first weighed my Sportivo rim & got a result of 16.5kg. I then weighed my aftermarket rims, which are Enkei RP03 17" rims with Bridgestone GIII tyres & got exactly the same weight - 16.5kg.

I'm know interested to find who makes the lighest rim.

If anyone is prepared to make the effort you will need to weigh your standard rim as a control & then weigh your aftermarket rim on the same scales. This way we'll be able to make a true comparison.

This could be a great post for anyone looking for a set of light weight rims. If you can get picture so people can see what the wheel looks like on the car then even better.

STANDARD RIMS , BRIDGESTONE TURANZA 195/55/16 - 16.5KG

ENKEI RP03, BRIDGESTONE GIII 215/45/17 - 16.5KG

I got an impression that 17.1kg on the stock rim and tyre may be incorrect. I just find out the other day I got a different reading of my own body weight inside home and in the garage. This may due to uneven surface in the garage vs flat bathroom floor. So I will take BLKRLA’s reading as a guide.

My readings:

Standard Rims , Bridgestone Turanza 195/55/16 - 17.1KG

Speedywheels Lite 6's 17x7, Kumho Ecsta 712 205/45. – ~15KG

DSC00487.jpg