ZZE123 rear clunking noise

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2001 Toyota ZZE123, and had put in some suspension mods into car.

Last week after I increase my tyres PSI to 34 (from 28) I started to notice some clunking noise from the rear when I do slow turns (<10kmh) and the clunking sound is like metal banging sound. I thought maybe it's the coilovers but it doesn't look like they are causing it (I tried driving over small and big bumps slow and fast on a straight line and there are no clunking noise). Only when I turn the car in and when I feel there is twisting to the body then there is the clunking noise. 

The mods I have so far are:

- Tanabe Sustec Comfort CR coilovers
- Cusco rear sway bar (replaces the factory sway bar inside the torsion beam)
- Laile rear bar (similar to the c-one rear bar)
- Ultra Racing middle member brace
- Tanabe front member brace

The car had an alignment today and all the suspension parts were tightened up but the clunking noise is still there! I realize there is a towbar at rear (came with the car) and I thought maybe towbar but not sure.  

Anyone experienced any weird clunking noise in their Corolla rear end? I had a Fielder before and it also made some clunking sound but it went away once I tightened the rear sway bar ends. (I have done that to the ZZE123 today but the noise is still there...)

I had a clunking noise in the rear of my Honda Prelude [now sold]. Spent a lot of time trying to track down this issue. Particularly checked the rear struts which I had swapped over from a parts car looking for loose retaining nuts.

Gave up then months later it became very obvious; broken rear sway bar. I am guessing that the bar partially cracked and flexed enough to make a clunking noise before finally cracking all the way through.