Interested in buying a Corolla

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-Toyota-Corolla-Sportivo-Manual/SSE-AD-5604728

Hey guys, recently I’ve found a 2004 Corolla Sportivo on Carsales (linked) and it looked really good. I’ve gone online and read a few reviews and the Sportivo looks like a really promising car. 

Some quick info:

I don’t have my license yet (will be going for test soon, pray I pass) so looking for a decent first car under $5000. The Sportivo looks good, has a bit of power, fair bit of cargo space and pretty good fuel economy. I’ve emailed the owner if the car is P-plate legal with all the Aftermarket parts installed and if he could arrange a RWC. 

However I come to you guys as this seems like the perfect place to ask if this car is a good first car, and if you guys think, judging off the Carsales info given, it’s good and other info you can give in general about the Sportivo.

Thanks in advance,

Staggy. 

19 hours ago, Staggy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-Toyota-Corolla-Sportivo-Manual/SSE-AD-5604728

Hey guys, recently I’ve found a 2004 Corolla Sportivo on Carsales (linked) and it looked really good. I’ve gone online and read a few reviews and the Sportivo looks like a really promising car. 

Some quick info:

I don’t have my license yet (will be going for test soon, pray I pass) so looking for a decent first car under $5000. The Sportivo looks good, has a bit of power, fair bit of cargo space and pretty good fuel economy. I’ve emailed the owner if the car is P-plate legal with all the Aftermarket parts installed and if he could arrange a RWC. 

However I come to you guys as this seems like the perfect place to ask if this car is a good first car, and if you guys think, judging off the Carsales info given, it’s good and other info you can give in general about the Sportivo.

Thanks in advance,

Staggy. 

This car was formally owned by a TOCA member a long time ago. It's not in bad condition but the body does look pretty rough in some areas so I'd definitely go and have a look at it in person. The sales posts always have the best of how the car looks and generally will look a lot different in person.

Things to check with the cars is of course the gearbox, commonly downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear to check the synchro's aren't busted and checking for overall feel. Also check the condition of the oil and if blows smoke anywhere in the rev range which could indicate a wide variety of issues.

The Sportivo is a great car and really underappreciated these days. There a whole bunch of fun in the twisties with the right setup, easy to drive, sound great, economical and a honestly great bang for buck car.

Any questions man, shoot me a message.