Starting off aesthetic modding my aurion

IKnowYou

Hi enthusiasts; I’m a newbie here with a bone-stock at-x ‘07 aurion. Keen on working on the cosmetics but I really don’t know where to start. Wanted to lower it first but I’m not sure on best struts to go with & pricing as well :). Any replies regarding struts/ rims/ body kits/ headlights; will be so appreciated. I’m very new to aesthetic mods so excuse my lack of knowledge. Doing some research as well but I figured I might as well join such forums to help me find my feet. Oh and also any info on apple car play head units & pricing info will be appreciated. Looking to get rid of that stock head unit as well. I’m in Perth btw so if you wanna shout your mate’s store I’m so keen. Thanks 

88400DE0-EBCA-423B-940B-DF3E5AB918BC.jpeg

F5BD88FC-9F07-4889-82D3-8CC2560921A8.jpeg

Edited by IKnowYou
Attaching pictures

Welcome 👍

Ive been doing bits here & there on my '11 aurion, here's a link to my thread for ideas.

Regarding mods, well it all comes down to each individual taste but this would be my order... 

1.  Window tint 18% (I see yours is done already) 

2. Head unit. Checkout the jvc & Kenwood range as they usually have built in programmable steering wheel controls which allows simple connection via 2 wires, look for the "direct oem steering" symbol on the box/description 

3. Lowered suspension. Dropping the height of  car by 30-50mm will make it much more appealing to look at than any bodykit or rims on their own. And the upside to that is a massive difference in the way the car handles. I recently fitted new springs & struts and it looks & handles great, but if I had to do it again I would go the bc racing coilover kit, which u can find on ebay. This will allow fine tuning of comfort & ride height and will only end up being slightly more expensive than buying parts separate. The other option is fitting the pedders springs on the factory struts along with camber bolts to adjust back to spec, but the ride will be rough as hell. 

3. Rims...... If we are talking about factory rims.... 2006+ Kluger, chr, camry will bolt straight on due to them using the same shank wheel nuts. Aftermarket there will be plenty choices, but I've never looked into sorry. 18s for compromise between comfort looks, and 19s for looks. 20s won't have much Tyre on them so will be prone to damage on our roads. 

The rest of the stuff like exhaust, lighting, body kits comes down to personal preference & there should be plenty reading ahead for you on this site 😛

Edited by L4WL3SS
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have king low and kyb struts, that setup has done about 4 years now. 18 inch rims and 245/45 tyres, with the larger rims I also got kluger front brake disc and caliper - but cannot put a stock wheel on there if punctured as brake ps are too large.