HiAce 2010 Cruise Control Stalk Install

Jean-Étienne

Hey all!

Looking for some advice with a HiAce cruise control. My HiAce doesn't currently have cruise control installed, but I read that it is potentially prewired, and all it takes is installing the stalk?
How can I know if it's prewired? How would I connect the stalk?

Any advice would be appreciated. Here's a picture of the steering wheel and how the connector look like.

IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

IMG_5505.jpeg

Edited by Jean-Étienne

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All

First I know nothing about the Hi Ace cruise control, but do know about cruise control, in general.

I doubt very much that there is a cruise control system installed. What you probably have is just the wiring, so that a common wiring harness could be used, in manufacturing.

I have installed after market cruise into old classic cars, and the system consists of an electronic control box, an actuator and switches to operate it. I found that the location of switches didn't suit me, so I fitted a 4 channel remote control system, with a key fob, mounted on the steering wheel, and the relay outputs replaced the switches.

Herb