Yaris YR 2009 5 door/ wheel rims 175/65/R14/ hub caps

Luke123

Hi,

My daughter just got a 2009 yaris...

the hubcaps on the rear wheels were new but fell off in first couple of weeks.

The front wheels have toyota caps and are fine...obviously If I want new caps I should get toyota or are there other aftermarket ones that work?

Also wondering Are alloy rims an option...can I get them for this size wheel? 175/65/R14 tyres are on their now

Any tips or suggestions appreciated

My suggestion would be to go check out your local wreckers / auto recyclers and see what is available. 

The girlfriend's 2007 YRS Yaris has 185/60/15 tyres but no longer has any of the original wheel covers. We somehow acquired a set of Ford plastic covers and that is what is currently fitted. 

I also use Redbook to look at the specifications for different models. 

https://www.redbook.com.au/cars/details/2009-toyota-yaris-yrs-auto-my09/SPOT-ITM-283246/ 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just bought a 2009 Yaris YR for my daughter and yes it has only one good plastic wheel cover and 1 bad one.

Went to Supercheap and bought the cheapest set I could find and tried to put them on but the inner steel wheel surround bulge fouled the plastic and the clips do not go in far enough to secure it.

I hoped the friction fit might be enough but the daughter lost 3 of them on the first trip lol. Lucky they were cheap (but it was still annoying). Comparing the remaining hub with the original it may be possible to cut out the supporting web on each flange so it fits properly but the integrity of what will be left would be severely compromised.

Looked at the Repco site and although that has quite a few 14 inch options the site is very honest and helpful in saying that none of them fit (the nominated vehicle).

We are running naked steel wheels at the moment until I get inspired to visit a breakers yard or find something appropriate.

Seems you can buy brand new alloy from Bob Jane for the asking price of a second hand plastic wheel cover, which is ridiculous.

Edited by Jerrycan
  • Thanks 1