King of the Hill

blue_rolla

I left SRC 3 years ago, it's probably an entirely new generation of twats now

EDIT: Bow DOWN! If I can make a request as King, it would be to see pics of everyone posting. Need to put names to faces. Do it. Now.

Edited by Tats

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MarkMish

• Sportivo05

• eggbert_99

• MT

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You noticed that did you?

I was trying to keep it all above board.

I requested the thread to be deleted, and i have also requested the removal of my user from the SRC forum's.

Edited by MRROLA

:) i am more then happy to explain my reasons for leavin SRC as im sure Sam is as well. Its a shame that my time ended badly with them, the problem with the club is the age of its members & the maturity they lack, at the end of the day it was no-oness business but mine, sams & dan which to be honest we had all sorted out, but ppl continued with the stories.

Sams thread was deleted by request, he is extremely angry/upset with the comment made towards me & stuck up for me & thats wat the thread was suppose to be, ppl didnt see what Daseca1 wrote about me, as when heealised i had seen what he wrote he edited his post

I wish SRC all the best!

I was a member of SRC for over 10 month's. Loyal as loyal could be. I never signed up to another forum, and I really enjoyed the cruises and all the event's that I was involved in. I pored lot's of my own time and money into the club, and was thanked for this. When a senior member confronted me about something that he had been told about, (second hand information). I was banned and thrown out of Newcastle Auto Salon.

as far as im aware, there haven't been any chinese whispers brought to my attention although im sure some people are still wondering. And yes i have spoken and given a warning to andrew :D

Sorry to see you guys go :(

Dimmy, most of it comes via pm.

I honestly thought things had settled down. Amazing that it only too 1 observation from Craig (Puzzleman), who was not aware of the situation and just asking a question (as far as he was aware Sam and Bec were still regulars at SRC) for the whole thing to escalate.

Dimmy, I also want to point out that I have nothing agianst SRC or it's members. Honestly if I hadn't found this place 1st I would have been a member there sooner myself.

However, the lack of knowledge/respect given to new schoolers there is apalling. I love all corollas and do my best to learn about each and every model. I only wished more people would take the time to see each model for what they are.

I do what I can to help out when new schoolers come on there and need help, I do not direct them to this site unless it is truely necessary or they ask a specific question about it. I believe that they should be able to find information for themselves rather then be spoonfed. I also don't want to take potential members away from SRC as you guys are young and need to attract new members to survive.

I see you having a problem with retention of members though. I've mentioned this to Dan but I feel you need to diversify a bit. Focussing on Autosalon and other Car shows should just be one aspect of the club, not the be all and end all.

I'll continue to do my bit and share what knowledge I can to the greater Toyota/Corolla community.

What do you mean lack of respect for new schoolers? Retention of members isn't too bad, it's alot better than it was on the old forum but as financial members go we've never had more :D

Coming up to the warmer months, we will be having alot more cruises just that people are still at uni of studying their hsc so it's a little bit quiet ;)

Edited by dimmy77_03

It's a shame your not a mod here Dimmy, you could clean up all the stuff about SRC!

The truth will come out one day. Now i feel the need to grab everyone's atention this Saturday to fill you in on my side of the story, face to face.

SRC is a younger generation of club and as dimmy has said majority of them are at uni or studying for HSC as why its been quieter, since ive been there ive seen no new member had **** put on them in a serious matter only as to when theyre mucking round putting **** on themselves

What do you mean lack of respect for new schoolers?

case in point was last cruise, the Palm Beach one. Myself and Xoom went along and were asked many questions by Sam, which I expected, as we here both keen to share knowledge. But I received several jibes from a few people there (not sure if they were members or not, if they aren't I apologise) most being... 'Show us your ascent with a sportivo kit'... this was even why my bonnet was open and I was explainging things to Sam. Xoom had his bonnet open too, but he doesn't have an engine cover on stating it is a VVTLi, I don't know if this caused some confusion. They were quickly put in their place for the comments, but the fact we even needed to was the issue. If they had any respect at all that would ask question about the car before making judgement.

SRC is a younger generation of club and as dimmy has said majority of them are at uni or studying for HSC as why its been quieter, since ive been there ive seen no new member had **** put on them in a serious matter only as to when theyre mucking round putting **** on themselves

Matt what are you talkin about- this is the problem people sticking their noise in when they dont know whats going on.

You dont see the crap- cause the mods clean it up, i used to be a mod i know the stuff i have deleted, about people & the cars, as Dylan said it shows the lack of respect the members have for each other

Edited by MSROLA

DSC00946.jpg

I'm down the front in the middle!

Dan's the guy on the left. He is a little bit shy, great guy when you get to know him.

I have a lot of time for Dan and FLYNSX, he has made so much effort to make SRC what it is.

Matt you are way off on what you are saying. Sorry!

Edited by MRROLA

Wow, this thread is really busy when topical conversation crops up. What should we talk about next? Religion? Government? Naomi Robson?

EDIT: Thanks MRROLA (Sam?), you coming Saturday night mate?

Edited by Tats