1988 Supra

Greg Piper

Hi all, I have recently purchased a property in Tassy and have a 1988 Toyota Supra L Back, Mk3,TRD, Vin JT764MA71-0137867. I have done some research and they are highly collectable. I want to sell it. So if anyone is interested, make an offer. Cheers Greg 

On 4/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, Greg Piper said:

Hi all, I have recently purchased a property in Tassy and have a 1988 Toyota Supra L Back, Mk3,TRD, Vin JT764MA71-0137867. I have done some research and they are highly collectable. I want to sell it. So if anyone is interested, make an offer. Cheers Greg 

What makes it "TRD"?   Also, you're going to need to provide a lot more details if you're looking to sell it, and should also create a proper For Sale thread rather than just a general post.

On 4/22/2022 at 1:22 PM, Hiro said:

What makes it "TRD"? 

I've never heard of a TRD version of the '88 Supra, unless there was some kind of Homologation Special we didn't hear about.

Is it possible some dip stick just put TRD badging on it ??

Hi All, it is quite possible some dipstick put stickers on it but did the 1988 Supra come out with digital dash with adjustable suspension from the dash. I need help with identifying it. I also was told that it was imported into Queensland and mod plated for a Toyota 2 litre twin turbo motor, we have the original block. I will attach some photos tomorrow. Cheers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Greg Piper said:

Hi All, it is quite possible some dipstick put stickers on it but did the 1988 Supra come out with digital dash with adjustable suspension from the dash. I need help with identifying it. I also was told that it was imported into Queensland and mod plated for a Toyota 2 litre twin turbo motor, we have the original block. I will attach some photos tomorrow. Cheers

Yes, Supras did have digital dashes and TEMS suspension options (at least on the grey-imports, not sure about the locally-delivered models).

Things are getting strange now though, you say it was imported in to QLD yet that VIN shows up as an Australian-delivered model (it would still have been made overseas but the importation and compliance would have been through Toyota).  Also, why would someone replace a 7MGTE with a 1GGTE unless the original engine was blown up (yes I know the 7M has a reputation for killing headgaskets, but the fix is relatively simple/cheap and there is much more potential in a 7M than a 1G)