New Aurion TRD owner

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a 2007 TRD Aurion 3500S, with approx 190000km on the clock. Car appears to be generally well kept and serviced. I've had a few older Camrys in the past, and always feel comforted by the Toyota reliability. I almost purchased a Renault Sport Megane 225 but the thought of reliability issues brought me back to sanity!

What should I be checking for in this Aurion to keep it running well? I've noticed on the forum about the oil sludge issues, so regular oil changes are a must. Does the supercharger feed off of engine oil or have its own dedicated supply? Thinking of a catch can from reading another thread on this forum.

What suspension mods would be a good idea for some occasional track work? Looking at Ultra Racing, they have some various braces. Which would be needed for the TRD model? What about poly bushes, are they needed, where could I get these? Ive also seen Titan coilovers for approx $1550, what are the quality of these like?

Also the centre console does not feel secure. It can shift laterally about 2cm left and right, which means it rattles around when driving. Have any other Aurions had this issue, and how have you guys fixed it?

20220518_171757_resized.jpg

1 hour ago, TRD_Aurion said:

I almost purchased a Renault Sport Megane 225 but the thought of reliability issues brought me back to sanity!

What should I be checking for in this Aurion to keep it running well? I've noticed on the forum about the oil sludge issues, so regular oil changes are a must. Does the supercharger feed off of engine oil or have its own dedicated supply? Thinking of a catch can from reading another thread on this forum.

Definitely have to agree with your consideration of reliability. Plenty of "high strung" performance vehicles that spend lots of time as "garage queens" waiting for replacement parts. 

Only question that I feel confident to answer is that the supercharger uses the engine oil and does not have a dedicated supply. Based upon my readings, using quality engine oil with the correct oil viscosity is an absolute must. Also frequent oil changes because the high operating temperatures impact the longevity of the oil additives. 

8 hours ago, TRD_Aurion said:

Hi everyone,

Just purchased a 2007 TRD Aurion 3500S, with approx 190000km on the clock. Car appears to be generally well kept and serviced. I've had a few older Camrys in the past, and always feel comforted by the Toyota reliability. I almost purchased a Renault Sport Megane 225 but the thought of reliability issues brought me back to sanity!

What suspension mods would be a good idea for some occasional track work? Looking at Ultra Racing, they have some various braces. Which would be needed for the TRD model? What about poly bushes, are they needed, where could I get these? Ive also seen Titan coilovers for approx $1550, what are the quality of these like?

Also the centre console does not feel secure. It can shift laterally about 2cm left and right, which means it rattles around when driving. Have any other Aurions had this issue, and how have you guys fixed it?

20220518_171757_resized.jpg

i wonder if that will grill will fit onto my camry 🤔🤔🤔(nevermind it wont id have to change the bumper and lights)

Edited by Jamie Edwards

4 hours ago, TRD_Aurion said:

What if you cut away the middle louvers from the grill, and put some black mesh (available at Autobarn or similar) behind it. That would give a similar look.

thing is that i dont know if id do that though...

First mods, Ultra Racing front and rear strut bars. Front was easy as can be, the rear needed removal of the rear seat. Not too hard, but as always there were a few plastic clips left over! It seems the rear already had a diagonal rear strut bar, was this stock or specific to TRD? Figured I'd add the new one in as well as the seats were already out. I'll report back with any changes in handling.

20220525_150840_resized.jpg

20220525_150811_resized.jpg

20220525_154300_resized.jpg