1994 HiAce comuter changing from electronic distributor back to points

Bjhealy

Hello I have a 1994 Toyota HiAce 2rz petrol carby motor with no spark problem,have been told it's either computer or wiring issue but can't get it diagnosed in the area I have broken down ,mechanic replaced electronic distributor still no spark, can it be converted back to points distributor,if anyone can help  and what type of points distributor could I use thankyou

Have you replaced the coil which is located inside the dizzy ? I'd start with that before digging in deep replacing other stuff, 

STD REPLACEMENT IGNITION COIL FOR TOYOTA HIACE RZH113R RZH125R 2RZ 2RZ-E 2.4L I4 | eBay

Going back to points, condensor is a backwards move

Edited by CONROD

Hello yes I think so as original mechanic purchased new complete distributor ,still no spark ,then I sent it to local auto electrician who said it either computer or harness but wouldn't go any further

Not being overly familiar with your specific engine, has your mechanic probed around using a multi meter ? He needs to check and see if the voltage is making its way to the coil first. It should be 12v, then the coil transforms this to the higher voltage your dizzy needs.

If the coil and dizzy has been replaced and still no spark, that tells me you have no juice at or before the coil. It could be a control module perhaps or something really silly. You need to trace the wiring back and carefully inspect connections for corrosion and for any breaks or even a loose ground wire. I'd also check the ignition relay and main relays. I think those are located near the battery.

Going back to a points dizzy won't help if you have no juice and a points dizzy is not an option compared to the efficiency of an electronic one.

I hope you get it sorted. Please let us know if you do.

Cheers :thumbsup: