Kluger 2012 won’t lock driver door with remote

Bay

I have a Toyota kluger 2012 and recently the driver side door won’t be locking with the remote as all other three doors are locked with remote but just the driver door, not sure if anyone has come across this or has any solution to this i mean donit yourself solution before i get an auto electrician.

Thanks.

Are you still able to lock it manually? If you are able to lock it manually, it's likely the motor,

If you are not able to lock it at all, it could be just the door lock mechanism.

My driver's door locking stopped locking as the plastic parts inside broke. The motor would still try to lock and unlock the door but as the parts were broken it didn't work. The door lock and handle part was not expensive from Toyota and I installed it myself but it took a long time to get due to covid. The workaround for this while I waited was I used the door part from the back passenger door as it was the same part.

If you are still able to lock and unlock the door manually, then that suggests the locking mechanism is fine and your problem is elsewhere with the motor and that is something I don't know about. I hope this helps.