V6 Manual...

SLong

Was looking thru the spec-sheet on the Toyota website and realise that they don't offer manuals in any of the V6 range anymore... not even the Sportivo?!?! So the only manual Camry's out there are the 4 cyl Altise and Sportivo!!

Hope that the new Camrys and Aurion will NOT be auto-only!!!

Edited by Steins

the 07 Camry (out in sept) will be triptronic. but i do think they have it in manual. even with the auto tranny 0-100 in 6.5~sec (Dual VVT-i). B)

Dual? RS200 styles! nice!

http://www.toyota.com/camry/index.html?s_v..._TN_CAMRY_INDEX

go to that toyota website and click "LAUNCH EXPERIENCE SITE"

they have some awesome DEMO, eg; 0-60mph Test Drive (you actualy change the gear, best time i got is 6.7sec :P ) You need to go to the PERFORMANCE section to do this.

also before you enter the site, you can play around driving the camry around :P do some drifitng too :lol:

We'll see that engine in the Aurion range only, so we might not get the manual version of that engine. As for the Camry, we'll get the 4 cyl version only - wonder what kind of tweaks they'll do to the current engine.

Edited by Steins

It'll definitely be a shame if there is no manual.. I was thinking of making it my next car in a couple of years but not if theres no manual! Thanks for sharing the site - the interactive stuff is a pretty cool way to demonstrate the car.. gave the gear shifting a go and I was watching it and it said 6.5 something when I got to 60 but it keeps claiming I did it in 6.6/6.7 secs lol

It'll definitely be a shame if there is no manual.. I was thinking of making it my next car in a couple of years but not if theres no manual! Thanks for sharing the site - the interactive stuff is a pretty cool way to demonstrate the car.. gave the gear shifting a go and I was watching it and it said 6.5 something when I got to 60 but it keeps claiming I did it in 6.6/6.7 secs lol

don't worry with cold air induction and a supercharger you will get well under that :P

Hahah perth.. itll go quick enough for me already! Ive just got my fingers crossed for a manual option but it just doesnt look like its going to happen... I was deadset keen on making it my next car in a couple years when I ditch current car and look for a second hand near-new one, but not if there isnt a manual - I'll be having manuals until my legs get too old to use the clutch! lol