Hi Ace front interior light

ozieagle

Hi,

The front interior / courtesy light doesn't work. I assume it's a blown bulb, but I can't find a way to remove the lens. I've tried levering it off, all around, no go. No screws visible. The hand book shows how to turn it on, door or off, but no mention of how to replace the bulb. A sick thought I had is that a PO got sick of the lens dropping off all the time and glued it on.

Any advice on how to remove the lens?

Thanks

Herb

I should have mentioned that it is a 1995 model.

Another edit

After closely looking at the image, I posted, I saw what looked like a base with the lens on top. I went and checked my fitting, with a torch, but there is no visible base, the whole thing (lens) goes all the way to the metal.

Int light.jpg

Edited by ozieagle

OK, I had to remove this lens, come hell or high water.

I started to pry it off, with a set of special hook pries, starting from the windscreen out. It came off, with a bit of reluctance. After it was off I saw that there are 4 tabs that hold it on, see picture. I didn't like what I found. The bulb was floating around loose, in the lens. There was a self tapper screw across one of the terminals, so off with the assembly. Whilst fiddling with it I created a spark (probably blew a fuse, somewhere) so now to find the battery. Again everything about looking after a battery, but no info on where it is located. Ultimately found a UTube video which shows where it is, underneath the sink cupboard, as this is a motor home conversion. Gave up for the day.

Herb

Late edit.

The battery actually wasn't under the sink cupboard, but just in front of it, behind the passenger seat, on the LH side.

Int light.jpg

Edited by ozieagle
Further info