1998 Toyota Celica Pricing idea

Hi There, I am seeking advice one lady owner of a  1998 Toyota Celica auto, log book is up to date,  Shiny and kept clean and original.

we are now selling and seeking advice for it's value, please help.  Images below Thank you 

117,000KMS - 

Edited by Sabrina1998Toyota

Hi,

I don't have a clue, but what I do to find the value of a car, is to go to Carsales.com, enter the details and see what others are going for.

Herb

Thanks but we had it up for $8000, and had over 700 people show interest, I am not joking, amongst the interest we  then we received several direct messages telling us to take it down as it is worth a lot more for this style and model of car, so this is the reason for my question, 

5 hours ago, ozieagle said:

Just looked up carsales and there is only one, at $35,000.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1998-toyota-celica-sx-manual/SSE-AD-16667721/?Cr=0

Herb

That one is in no way indicative (GT4 engine conversion, and is over-priced for a genuine 1-of-77 Aus delivered GT4 anyway, let alone a conversion), and there are a few ST204s up at the moment, varying from reasonably priced (5-10k) to ridiculous.

At the end of the day, a FWD Celica just isn't that "special" a car, especially with an auto.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sabrina1998Toyota said:

Thanks but we had it up for $8000, and had over 700 people show interest, I am not joking, amongst the interest we  then we received several direct messages telling us to take it down as it is worth a lot more for this style and model of car, so this is the reason for my question, 

My question is "How many of those 700 were actually serious buyers and wanted to come and view the vehicle?" There is talk and there is action.

When I bought my "project" vehicle in 2016, I viewed the ad, contacted the seller and made an inspection for a Wednesday evening, made the deal that night and back Saturday with the Bank Cheque to collect the vehicle. I have also gone on interstate road trips with a friend where he has purchased "vintage" motorcycles online. No doubt there would have been a few emails and phone calls to get his deals done.

One of the only things working against (or for, depending on your viewpoint) the ST204 Celica is that a bunch of them were probably crushed as a result of not being able to source replacement airbags during the Takata recall (a similar fate befell the Starlet).  I don't think all models had that particular airbag though so it probably disproportionally affected certain trim-levels too.  This might artificially inflate the rarity of what was generally seen as a nondescript uninspiring 90s hair-dresser "sports car" that still sold reasonably well.

• 2 weeks later...