Hi guys

My nickname is stumpy, I drive a 2012 hiace van, and I am a new member.

Not sure if this is the spot , so please direct me if it's wrong,

I wish to remove the front left passenger seat and replace it with a single that can slide , as I have converted the van into a camper, and the Mrs wants more leg room, I was hoping you guys may be able to point me in the right direction,  I have to get the seat from a wrecking yard, ( zero budget build) thanks

Stumpy

Hi Stumpy,

I have a 1995 HiAce camper, and needed to access the carb throttle area, for cruise control, which is under there. To do this I had to remove the seat. It is a two part process. First you need to remove the squabs, several nuts holding it onto the seat frame. Once the squabs are removed, you can access the bolts holding the frame on, from underneath. You will also need to remove the hinge bracket on the B pillar, do this first.

Herb

Edited by ozieagle

Hi herb

Thanks mate , I know how to do that , what I am looking for is to completely replace the passenger 2 seats (the middle seat back folds down, with 1 single seat, so if you have any idea on what type of Toyota car I can get the seat from , yea

Hi Stumpy,

OK I didn't realise that you knew how to remove the seat(s).

About a sliding replacement, why stick to Toyota? Go to a wreckers and look for any brand seat that does what you want. None that you find will be a bolt in replacement, you will need to do a bit of fettling to fit.

I think whatever seat you find you will need to fit it to the tubular frame that is there now, so you can still access the engine.

Herb

• Thanks 1