Land cruiser 2020, 200 series brake upgrade for towing

Jassse

I've been driving my 2020 Land Cruiser since it was new. I tow roughly 80% of the time, both in city traffic and on the highway. The stock brakes simply can't handle heavy braking. I've had the discs skimmed multiple times in the 150,000+ km I've driven. What issues have others been experiencing? I would also really appreciate advice from those who have gone through this before on the most affordable brake upgrade available that can handle the heat and wear.

Thank you for any helpful advise you may have to offer. 

4 hours ago, Jassse said:

I've been driving my 2020 Land Cruiser since it was new. I tow roughly 80% of the time, both in city traffic and on the highway. The stock brakes simply can't handle heavy braking. I've had the discs skimmed multiple times in the 150,000+ km I've driven. What issues have others been experiencing? I would also really appreciate advice from those who have gone through this before on the most affordable brake upgrade available that can handle the heat and wear.

Thank you for any helpful advise you may have to offer. 

Hi Jason, I pressed the wrong button, hence the quote.

Does you trailer have brakes? If so are they electric, with a controller under the dash? If so have you properly adjusted it?

With properly adjusted electric brakes there shouldn't be any extra load on the vehicle's brakes.

Herb

• Like 1

We towed a 3.5t caravan no brakes problems. It all comes down to having your trailer brakes

setup correctly. From your post, your trailer must be heavy and therefore would require to

help with the braking and take some load off the car. Just on brakes though try this:

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/66213-brake-issues/

Edited by larry200