Engine Cost for Sportvito SX6 2007

Jay99

Unfournately, my beloved Aurion was recently involved in a crash and it is a complete write off, due to the extensive frontal damage and the steering being inoperable. So I am after quotes from  wreckers and one has recently just gotten back to me asking "how much do I want for it" The engine is still in working condition has about 190,000kmh. Generally write offs go for about $500-1000 but was wondering if the engine cost could get me more. I don't wanna get ripped off, but at the same time I don't want to get laughed off. So what would be a reasonable price to ask for?

Looks like they are widely available for ~$2500 probably cheaper if you look around. Issue with selling to a wreckers is they have to store the parts until they eventually sell and they want profit on top of that so aren't likely to offer the actual value. I'd personally ask for $2000 for the entire thing and hope they meet half way. Could make a lot more money from it if you had patience and space to part it out yourself but most would just want to get it over and done with.
Says you're not in Australia so parts demand may be lower too so that's one thing to factor into their offer.