Stock Speaker Issues

Hey guys, im currently installing my system, i was told that in order to change the speakers you have to drill holes through those revet things that hold up the speakers, then cut the speaker out? Is this true? i really dont want to cut my stock speakers out incase i might need to return it to stock oneday???

How can you remove those revet bolts that hold the speaker onto the door frame with out drilling or cutting the speakers?? someone help me please.

Bigbum and Danz help me.

Mayday Mayday :unsure:

Cheers all ;)

That's one way of removing it. But cutting the speaker out isn't such a good idea if you want to keep your stock ones.

You can drill the rivets out. Or remove the foam around the speaker, unscrew the speaker and pull it off. This allows for easy installation of a new speaker.

If you drill out the rivets you still have a chance of reinstalling the stockers. you jsut have to work out how you can install them again.

what i did was i drilled out the rivets for the back, took the whole assembly out and made a wooden copy to mount my aftermarket speakers. the rears speakers and the mounting bracket are basically 1 piece and its too hard to seperate them without doing damage so you're better off just removing the whole thing and making your own bracket as i did.

As for the fronts you can unscrew the speakers from the bracket and pull them off. Give them a mighty tug as they are silconed on. you can then mount your aftermarket onto the stock bracket, i was only able to use 2 screws as the stockers are 4 screws where my aftermarkets are 6 screws. Ive heard of others drilling their own screw holes but i just added some silcone to help hold it on. it wont be going anywhere.

alternatively you can do the same as the back and just remove the whole bracket by drilling out the rivets and make it out of wood again. some say you get better response out of a wooden mount.

well same as me. my audio project is still pending. my audio system still hanging around my room. i went to an audio shop, he said that if i want to. they could customise a rivet so if im not mistaken, it would look different from the outside (after the door cover installed). so now, im not sure whether to install it on my own with my friend or just pay for it to get done. but yeah Danz gave me instructions before so probably in the holiday i'll do it with my friend

Edited by CoRroLLa-JAHAT

Thanks guys? so another question is, should i run two set of splits or just one? i have 6.5 Hertz at the front and i have a set of 6.5 focals two ways at the back? do you think i will be able to get enough sound quality from one set of splitz? or do i need 2 sets? <_< Im not sure what to do? so please give me some ideas. BTW the speakers will be running off an amp with a sub in a seperate amp???

Thanks guy Holla me please :D :lol:

the rear is for rear fill. how often do you have someone in the back and how much do you care about what they hear?

I had 6.5' 3-Way coax's but as of the weekend i unplugged my rear speakers so that i could bridge my amp and get more power to the front speakers. sounds f-n great. I can tell the rears aren't there and Ill probably just hook them up to the deck for the time being.

Honestly you really dont need rear splits unless you really want them. Trying to find somewhere for the tweeter isnt worth it.

If you want better sound you should be more worried about what direction your tweeters are pointing cos if you have a levin or sportivo then they're not pointing towards you like they should.