Tint Professor

Hi guys...need a few opinions here thanks. Getting the black 'rolla tinted next week at the Tint Professor in nunawading (vic)...they're telling me not to get the standard black (as on their Getz's) but 'cos it's black, they always go for a more silver tint that looks (to them) better on black..

So which do you agree with them, and are they good guys to deal with...??

Cheers fellas..

Yeah I heard that black cars apparently look more better with the silver film.

Im not sure if its legal though? Could that be classified as mirror tint?

Hey there,

Welcome to the club man. :D

I got my Black STivo tinted from the dealer...not as black but more a dark greenish tinge.

At first i was ****** off cause it wasn't black enough but as has been confirmed it was the darkest legal limit, n the way it tints is a little diff - Mirror like.

Not too sure bout T.Pro but if i was gonna retint...i would've gone to them.

There are a few diff types of tints...but i believe the main too are either:

1. Just darkening your windows for a dark look or...

2. My personal preference...mirror tints which actually work like mirrors do.

If you check out a lot of new Jap imports inc R34s, Evo 8s n above and even the Toyota Kluger the have what's called "privacy glass" setup where only the rear n passenger windows are allowed to be PiTcH black.

As for tint colours black or silver i think is up to you for your own personal preference. B)

Should come on the cruise man! Check out the Melb Meet Thread, i'm sure u can get a whole lotta ideas from other Rolla owners. :D B)

At first i was ****** off cause it wasn't black enough but as has been confirmed it was the darkest legal limit,

Yeah that was like me. When I got my car back from SolarTint I was very dissapointed with the "lightness" of the tint. Legal is tint is not very dark at all.

I work in the automotive industry and in my experience it is extremely rare to get pulled over for your tint. I had an ambulance tint on my last car which you litereally couldn't see into even if you put your nose to the glass. Only once was it ever commented on in 3 years of being pulled over, and all that was said was "Is that tint legal? It looks too dark" To which I replied it was on the car when I bought it...Nothing more said. I wouldn't worry bout it.

Hi guys...need a few opinions here thanks. Getting the black 'rolla tinted next week at the Tint Professor in nunawading (vic)...they're telling me not to get the standard black (as on their Getz's) but 'cos it's black, they always go for a more silver tint that looks (to them) better on black..

So which do you agree with them, and are they good guys to deal with...??

Cheers fellas..

gday mate......

i rekon go the metalic tint as it will look alot beter... too much black can kinda look a bit 2 dull (i gotta a blck rolla too) also are u gettin below 35% tint or u keepin it at 35%?

if u dnt mind me askin how much r they chargin down there?

p.s im gettin 20% illegal tint on monday and hopefully if they got it in metalic i will be definatly happy wid that. :D

Thanks for all the input fellas..much appreciated.

The cost is $265...seems good considering it's for premium tint when others like tint-a-car are quoting the same for their el-cheapo basic tint.

You also get to drive their lairy getz's as a loan car if you need it.

They have an interesting forum on their site www.tintprofessor.com.au/forum/ and they seem pretty honest with their responses on the form.

Might post some pics when it's done.

Thanks for all the input fellas..much appreciated.

The cost is $265...seems good considering it's for premium tint when others like tint-a-car are quoting the same for their el-cheapo basic tint.

You also get to drive their lairy getz's as a loan car if you need it.

They have an interesting forum on their site www.tintprofessor.com.au/forum/ and they seem pretty honest with their responses on the form.

Might post some pics when it's done.

Sweet man...all the best and let us know how it goes! B) :)