parkers

WYTNYT

i have recently bought parkers for my rolla 06 conquest and i cant put in one side which is the drivers side of the lights .... and so you see the geniuses the toyota are have put it straight in front of both my window wiper fluid and abs ...

so i would like to know whether anyone has any suggestions besides taking off the front bar ... any help appreciated

I had the same problem.

What I did was put some string around the wireing coming out of the parker so I had some pulling power.

I then used my fingers to press the clip in, while pressing the clip in I pulled on the string to get the parker out.

Once the parker was out a little bit I was then able to take the whole parker out without the clips locking back up.

funni one coz i am an asian but i not a chick though lol but my hands are too big to fit in that gap and it got stuck once and killed to take it out ....

but the string idea was a great idea im going to try that .... i have tried with a screw driver but again my hand was too fat and wasnt much help hahahaha

the only advise i can offer is patience... else look for an asian for help... their hands are smaller.. better still asian gal... :)

i had a go at the string technique and i frankly cant get it .... damn it y does it have to be soo hard

Its takes a bit of mucking around when I did that string thing, but eventually I got it. You just have to make sure the string is pulling on the cable and that your fingers are pressing down on the parker clips so it can come out.

If you still cant get it by the end of the month come to our monthly meet. We'll be able to help you out no problems. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i finally got them in on the weekend ... me mate told me this crazy idea and it actually worked which i was stunned coz i didnt think that was possible ...

anywayz back to the point ( if you guys didnt know ) the washer bottle comes in two pieces so i popped off the top half and i managed to get enough clearance to take off the parkers and den i just popped back on the washer bottle top .... and now its all sweet ....ill post pics soon

yea i really wanted to come to the meet but stoopid thing happened so i couldnt make it .... i managed to get a really deep cut in me thumb from changing the wiper blade of me dads car and so i was in too much pain (save you us from the details) ... thats y i couldnt make it to the meet

• 1 year later...

I bought red parkers today for my stivo, passenger side was easy, but driver side was painful lol.

shoved my hand right in lol

Then i had trouble tryn to clip it back on