Bathurst 1000

Personally I hope Craig Lowndes gets up. This won't be about Ford or Holden this weekend. Craig was Peter Brocks understudy and apprentice. He learnt everything he did off his master, and not just how to drive. Craig Lowndes embodies what I saw in Peter Brock has molded into one of our great current sporting icons. He is the smiling gentleman that drives with his heart. He will have a big drive tomorrow. I do not say good luck to him, as he will not need it. Tomorrow must be his day. I can feel it.

Tander was ok with me until he started growing a big head. I personally bumped into Mark Skaife also and his head was already overgrown. That's my opinion though. If I'm going for a holden driver it'll be Steve Richards. I hope Canto gets a good drive as well (he's in it I hope). Local boy up where my godfather is.

Tander was ok with me until he started growing a big head. I personally bumped into Mark Skaife also and his head was already overgrown. That's my opinion though. If I'm going for a holden driver it'll be Steve Richards. I hope Canto gets a good drive as well (he's in it I hope). Local boy up where my godfather is.

Big heads, but good drivers tho. I'm not that much of a die hard follower but so I don't really care too much who wins it, as long as its a fair race!

i think the only thing thats gonna stop skaife/tander is car trouble, if they have a reliable car i think they will be out infront at the end of the day.

One other thing that could stop them... Lowndes (damn it I hope he doesn't but I reckon he will for his old mentor (Brocky))

Woooo.......Craige Lowndes for the win!!!!!

Something to please both ford and holden fans :P..........so glad he won

Good olde apprentice of the king....of the mountian

Poetry in motion. That's what happens when you drive with your heart. I knew yesterday that Craig would pull something big. The circle is now complete, and Brocky can rest. He was with Craig the entire time today. It is only fitting that the only one true student claims his right as the first name on his masters trophy. This was the greatest win Lowndes will ever have.

Was a good day, got a decent tan as well. Sat in the IBM private area and was fed free grog all day, oh and booze. Had a mad perve (the best perves where actually fellow chick spectators this year...the models were crummy lol).

PS: I told you so :P

Woooo.......Craige Lowndes for the win!!!!!

Something to please both ford and holden fans :P..........so glad he won

Good olde apprentice of the king....of the mountian

Poetry in motion. That's what happens when you drive with your heart. I knew yesterday that Craig would pull something big. The circle is now complete, and Brocky can rest. He was with Craig the entire time today. It is only fitting that the only one true student claims his right as the first name on his masters trophy. This was the greatest win Lowndes will ever have.

Was a good day, got a decent tan as well. Sat in the IBM private area and was fed free grog all day, oh and booze. Had a mad perve (the best perves where actually fellow chick spectators this year...the models were crummy lol).

PS: I told you so :P

So rob what were the odds on Lowndes and did u put any money on it ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wouldn't know the odds man. No money put down on him either. Wasn't about money on the weekend. It was about 'the man' and the apprentice. I made a personal bet with myself on Lowndesy having his final goodbye to his old master, and it paid off. I knew it in my heart man.

• 5 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to watch the whole thing from the comfort of the covered grandstand at Hell Corner.

As a Lowndesy fan, from the moment he stepped into Brocky's 72 Torana :( to the moment he took hold of the Peter Brock Trophy :toast: , it was one hell of a day to remember.

An interesting observation, though ... when a Ford came to grief, the Holden guys went nuts, which I understand. When a Holden came to grief, the Ford guys went nuts ... this, too, I understand. But when Skaifey came to grief, EVERYBODY went nuts! :clap:

Great to see another manufacturer involved in Chrysler ... the "Skaifety" Car did so many laps, it was looking good for a podium finish! :lol:

Anyway, its only another 11 months until my second 1000 ... can hardly wait! :yahoo:

Edited by Buddha