Windscreen wiper blades

ca6leguy

the MTEC wipers are really good. Bought them several months ago. 18" & 20" , they have them in Black,Silver,Red n Blue.

or you can buy those universal rubber from K-mart for $5 (but they're ok, but wont last long though)

copyofdsc04526ls6.jpg

copyofdsc04528by2.jpg

copyofdsc04524fi5.jpg

MADE IN JAPAN TOO B)

Edited by leasaunce

I have a 2003 Camry and replaced the blades with after an market brand. Take a blade along to a Spares Shop and compare profiles. The camry profile is fairly specific and the exact profile is available at some stores, but not at Supercheap Autos as the brand that they push does not produce that profile.

As with all aftermarket blades, they will be longer than necessary and need to be cut to suit.

Try K Mart or Super Cheap Auto.....Wiper blade stands usually have a reference chart for what blade fits what make vehicle. For memory theres a 4 or 6mm track width..?

6 and 8 ;)

leasaunce - where did you buy those blades from? eBay? Autobarn? Super Cheap?

and how much?

On a slight side note. Everytime I get rego done on my car, they always change the wiper blades. I change them like 3 days before I goto get the inspection done and they still demand to change them!

I show the inspector that I just bought them, and they still demend a change. I have told one bloke to give me keys, i'll drive my car out of the workshop and go somewhere else, didn't pay him for his time. I went to Toyota to get it done (thinking it would be a like going in a anus exam), 10mins, all paper work submitted online, $32 later, happy man :D

Do places think i'm stupid?

leasaunce - where did you buy those blades from? eBay? Autobarn? Super Cheap?

and how much?

On a slight side note. Everytime I get rego done on my car, they always change the wiper blades. I change them like 3 days before I goto get the inspection done and they still demand to change them!

I show the inspector that I just bought them, and they still demend a change. I have told one bloke to give me keys, i'll drive my car out of the workshop and go somewhere else, didn't pay him for his time. I went to Toyota to get it done (thinking it would be a like going in a anus exam), 10mins, all paper work submitted online, $32 later, happy man :D

Do places think i'm stupid?

They check your cars now that you do your rego? Is that a NSW only thing? This kinda sucks that you have to bring your car in for an inspection before getting a rego, tho it might be a good excuse to get a few hours off work :whistling:

yeah, its fcuked

Ah learn a new thing everyday!! Clearly don't see the point of enforcing wiper blade changes tho. I mean I don't see the authorities "profiting" from this exercise, unless they get some sort of kickback from wiper companies <_<

• 3 months later...

yeah, its fcuked

Ah learn a new thing everyday!! Clearly don't see the point of enforcing wiper blade changes tho. I mean I don't see the authorities "profiting" from this exercise, unless they get some sort of kickback from wiper companies <_<

Does anyone know a cheap place to get replacement blades for Toyota Aurion. Some *&%$ thought they'd help themselves to mine. The new blades look like AUDI ones and Toyota said they don't have a problem replacing them.....for $84 freakin dollars....What a RIP....

If I catch the idiot who nicked my wipers...I'm gonna glue the wiper on him....

yeah, its fcuked

Does anyone know a cheap place to get replacement blades for Toyota Aurion. Some *&%$ thought they'd help themselves to mine. The new blades look like AUDI ones and Toyota said they don't have a problem replacing them.....for $84 freakin dollars....What a RIP....

get the MTEC wipers. they're so good IMO. :) and yet they're cheap and MADE IN JAPAN.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, its fcuked

get the MTEC wipers. they're so good IMO. :) and yet they're cheap and MADE IN JAPAN.

hahaha.. i couldnt resist continuign the quoting chain.. ^^ :clap:

ONTOPIC: I might also get myself some MTECs... one of my current wiper's metal thingy is broken :( .. but its a very minor part of the wiper.. :)

OMG: my 1st post!!!! :toast:

they check wipers at rego inspections????? hahaha give my guy $50 n he just signs it straight away... or if u don't know him he'll just check the lights, signals, tyres n off u go lol

Mine does it for $30 ;) But he has worked on my car previously (replacing rear sway bar bushes) and just prints out a brake readout from his machine and sends me on my way :]