2005 Camry Sportivo horn

davidd5457

• 2 weeks later...

i found that the single normal horn on my car is a bit weak aswell...

thats the one behind the grill.

the extra one for the alarm is up near the firewall on the drivers side, facing you!

so i wouldnt want to have that functioning at the same time as the normal one :P

i dont know if the wiring for my car is similar to yours, but for the normal horn, if you follow the wire back, you may find another plug for another horn.

I did, and i bought another stock horn from Toyota, and plugged it in, and it worked, its louder now :)

the only thing you need to do, is mount it somewhere, and also run a grounding wire to the same location as the original horn.

this is what my one looks like now:

twohorns.jpg

• 1 year later...
i found that the single normal horn on my car is a bit weak aswell...

thats the one behind the grill.

the extra one for the alarm is up near the firewall on the drivers side, facing you!

so i wouldnt want to have that functioning at the same time as the normal one :P

i dont know if the wiring for my car is similar to yours, but for the normal horn, if you follow the wire back, you may find another plug for another horn.

I did, and i bought another stock horn from Toyota, and plugged it in, and it worked, its louder now :)

the only thing you need to do, is mount it somewhere, and also run a grounding wire to the same location as the original horn.

this is what my one looks like now:

twohorns.jpg

could you please draw or diagram how to connect or wired 2 horns... thx

could you please draw or diagram how to connect or wired 2 horns... thx

I haven't looked into this stuff for a while, but I'll do my best in doing up a diagram, lol

I'm not sure what generation your Camry is (Gen6?), but my one is a Gen5.5 so the wiring may not exist already for your one, and things might look a bit different.

If you look at the first picture, if you follow the wiring harness for the horn back down the wire, you may find there is a loose plug. That is what I used for my second horn.

now, mounting the second horn, you just need to find a hole somewhere and use a bolt/nut to secure it in place. The spare plug which I mentioned earlier should plug directly into this horn (I bought my one from Toyota, so it does).

the horn will not work just yet, you need to wire up a grounding for it, the bolt on the original horn goes into the chassis which acts as a ground. So it is simply a matter of running a grounding wire from that point to the point where you mounted the new horn.

All this is assuming you have the spare plug already attached there in the wiring harness. If you don't it becomes slightly more tedious where you need to tap into the existing horn wires to connect up the second horn that way. Which I am not that experienced with car electrical to inform people about.

anyway, good luck with it, and hopefully this has been useful for someone :lol:

P8210002e.jpg

P7310015e.jpg