Perth Metro Toyota Servicing Prices.

Hi all,

My Corolla Conquest just hit 40000km and in need of a rather major service. I called Toyota in Gosnells and they quoted me $310.65, and I called City Toyota, quoted me $395. Very big difference here. I didn't bother to ask why since most probably I'll get a lame answer anyway. Anyone knows the reason for this big difference and if there's an even cheaper Toyota service centre in Perth?

Thanks.

Hi

I use city toyota and find them very good, maybe ask them about the price, they do wash and vac your car but not for $90. try and negotiate with them B). Also rind Scrarby Toyota for a comparison. I found City one of the cheaper ones.

Don't Toyota dealers/services just try to rip u off all the time..hahaa..my housemate tried to get her car serviced and they were selling all the unneccessay stuff eg. carbon clean..some special service for the aircon cos summer's coming etc..

Hi

I use city toyota and find them very good, maybe ask them about the price, they do wash and vac your car but not for $90. try and negotiate with them B). Also rind Scrarby Toyota for a comparison. I found City one of the cheaper ones.

Well I've asked a few Toyota dealers and some said its because they include rotation of tires. Another said they include engile coolant replacement (which I've checked with Gosnells that they exclude this because it is not necessary since all Corolla comes with a long life coolant that can last up to 80000km). I'm not really a car person, this is getting a bit too complicated....

I've also got a quote from Lube Mobile..they charge about the same price as Toyota dealers so I won't bother with them.

Hi

Well I've asked a few Toyota dealers and some said its because they include rotation of tires. Another said they include engile coolant replacement (which I've checked with Gosnells that they exclude this because it is not necessary since all Corolla comes with a long life coolant that can last up to 80000km). I'm not really a car person, this is getting a bit too complicated....

I've also got a quote from Lube Mobile..they charge about the same price as Toyota dealers so I won't bother with them.

u could also try independent workshops who do servicing..i get my car serviced at Cypher Industries at O'Connor..fairly cheaper than the dealers..but they also do everything that the dealership does

One thing to watch though with the 3rd party places like Lube Mobile or Dodgy Bob's, is that they use lubes etc recommended by Toyota if your car is under warranty.

If Lube Mobile uses Brand X oil for example and Toyota do not support the use of it, then something goes wrong as a result of this oil, Toyota will not honour warranty.

However, should your car be out of warranty, then go where you feel is the best (not neccessarilly the cheapest).

Places like Lube Mobile, Roadside Autocare, Ultratune etc do usually provide warranties for their service, but beware, as these warranties will ususally only cover the workmanship ie, if the tech does not do up your sump plug or something silly like this, and they usually will not cover parts.

I find it pays to shop around. I am in Brisbane and I have on many occasions shopped around. Sci-Fleet (large Toyota dealer here in Brisbane) has on many occasions left me scratching my head over prices. Where TMC's RRP was $195 for example, Sci-Fleet Albion would charge $250 odd, Sci-Fleet Kedron would charge $200 odd and Lexus of Brisbane at Indooroopilly (owned by Sci-Fleet) then charge like $180 and give me free choccies and a great customer service experience.

In summary, do your research and shop around. Try the smaller dealerships out of the city area. I don't know Perth so I can't suggest any to try. Often some dealerships closer to the City will charge slightly more. I have found Martin Jonkers Motors (Toyota Dealer in Morayfield here in Brisbane) who is about 50k's from the CBD is often up to 10 - 15% cheaper than the dealers close to the City.

After owneing new and late model Toyota's of my own and my wife's, as well as arranging service's for my In-Laws Toyota and Ford and my wofe's new Holden, I have found it a really valuable exercise to shop around...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Aaron

hm...might wanna give Galleria Toyota a try.

i had my 40000/50000 major service for my stivo for less than $300 if i remembered correctly...tyre rotation incl.

also, if you book bout 1 week in advance you can borrow one of their cars for free (pending availability).