got my car

hey forum i just got my car its a toyota corolla ascent 5 sp manual

is it just me or is hard to take off with the manual? i think im gona have otg et used to it ive stalled it a couple of times already lol

anyways take care

other things....

i got this car brand new rite toyota ascent 5 sp manual after a little drive i lift up the bonnet and the engine smells like its been thrashed its like a burning metal smell??? is this cause the car is new or is it my driving i also smelt this eggy smell after a little drive as well i mean i dont really drive the car that hard but it stills has the smeels??

alot of ppl told me cause its new but i dunno what do u guys think?

my m8 bought a auto version she said she had the smeels too but she didnt say that hear engine was very hot and smelt like burning metal

the engine seems tog et really hot after a drive??

is this just the way the toyota;s are ive only driven 6cyl fords

Edited by mak

Hey, well you question can be answered easily, and also hard, Manual is not hard to take off unless you are new to it. It is a combination of getting the clutch out and the revs up to allow a smooth connection and good take off. Just take it easy, everyone stalls even people who have been driving for years still do, don't put to much thought into it because you will find if u do you will stall just take it easy and have fun!

Or just use the handbrake which can at least stop you from rolling back whilst you match revs to give the engine enough power to be able to take off.

To start with....its better just to give the car some revs and release the clutch slowly then once you feel the car wanting to move, release the handbrake.

Overtime you'll adapt to the clutch/car and the handbrake will only become practical for starting on decent hills.

I find the best method to be:

1~ pull handbrake on tight

2~ depress clutch

3~ dial up rev's to 5000rpm

4~ dump clutch

5~ leave handbrake on

6~ keep gas on!!!!

7~ hook it right, then left then right gain.

:spiteful:

If u ask BangN, i think he would offer you the same advice :whistling::toast: Heathcote Drag Day ... Got smoke ?

i got this car brand new rite toyota ascent 5 sp manual after a little drive i lift up the bonnet and the engine smells like its been thrashed its like a burning metal smell??? is this cause the car is new or is it my driving i also smelt this eggy smell after a little drive as well i mean i dont really drive the car that hard but it stills has the smeels??

alot of ppl told me cause its new but i dunno what do u guys think?

my cousin bought a auto version she said she had the smeels too but she didnt say that hear engine was very hot and smelt like burning metal

the engine seems tog et really hot after a drive??

is this just the way the toyota;s are ive only driven 6cyl fords

Edited by mak

the eggy smell is the unleaded fumes and my engine smells like a clutch,fluid burnt type smell also without thrashing it at all and i got no clue to why . Maybe its just due to the engines high revving nature it smells like that

the eggy smell is the unleaded fumes and my engine smells like a clutch,fluid burnt type smell also without thrashing it at all and i got no clue to why . Maybe its just due to the engines high revving nature it smells like that

That cluch smell could be from 'riding the clutch' meaning that your taking to long when letting out the

clutch. may or may not be, but thats a problem my girlfriend had when first driving my car, *** it stunk! :blink: