Help me with my muffler choices please

grima88

The x-force twin loop is too restrictive... I doubt u would gain anything at all... Not to mention it sounds like stock...

Cannon power :D

Seen quite a few people with twin loop mufflers and to be honest it's all a gimic and a waste of money. Well done Bangn you've spoke the truth :toast: But in saying that putting any cannon on a 1zz auto will not be yielding any sort of neck snapping increases in HP either.

Prolly the best value for money system to go on a 1zz would be a stock sportivo rear muffler. A little less restrictive than the 1zz unit but free flowing enough to make some gains and also for a decent price. I think Silvabullit is on the money with that one.....

I'm still deciding (I will do a quick search to see if any1 is sellin there stivo muffler now)

Does any1 hav membership to ozhonda... can u plz copy paste the review of the xforce twin loop on there on throw it on here cos u need membership (thanks in advance) :)

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.ph...light=twin+loop

"Well, for *** knows how long I have been in pursuit of changing the muffler on my car, 97 Civic VTi coupe. There were so many complications (mostly insurance related) but I am finally happy

I wanted a nice deep purr, not a loud farty buzz, and when I heard about the XFTL I knew that was what I wanted. Thanks to Trav for helping me out with my questions months in advance of the purchase and for the speedy transaction once I finally came around to buying one. He is great to do business with, but you already knew that

So that I could keep my old system intact, I got a spare stock muffler (thanks nobbs ) so the stock over-axle pipe could be used to weld the XFTL onto. After speaking to a couple of exhaust places and receiving a rude and dishonest response to my wishes of sticking a 2.5" inlet muffler onto stock 1.75" pipe, I was delighted with the guys at Kirrawee Mufflers when they said "Yeah no problem...$60....bring it back in an hour".

So I went for a cruise, came back and they were done inside half an hour. In fact I was so impressed with their honest, no-bull service that when I realised they charged me 60 cents by mistake I took the $60 the next day.

I had a grin on my face the whole way home, I couldnt stop saying to my mate "Its just how I wanted!!"

So here are the results; XFTL muffler 2.5" straight onto stock system.

BEFORE - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/stockoutside.wav (RC,STA)

AFTER - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/twinloopoutside.wav (RC,STA)

These clips were taken with a computer microphone from around 2m behind the car.

While you are driving, you can hear a small difference when you are on throttle (throaty grrrrr), when no throttle is applied it hardly sounds different and when you back off the gas it gives a nice VVVVvvvvmmmm. Of course, when you are vteccing it the engine is louder than the muffler.

And that, as they say, is that!

Thanks to

Alex

Trav

Kirrawee Mufflers "

quoted from ozhonda forum

"Well, for *** knows how long I have been in pursuit of changing the muffler on my car, 97 Civic VTi coupe. There were so many complications (mostly insurance related) but I am finally happy

I wanted a nice deep purr, not a loud farty buzz, and when I heard about the XFTL I knew that was what I wanted. Thanks to Trav for helping me out with my questions months in advance of the purchase and for the speedy transaction once I finally came around to buying one. He is great to do business with, but you already knew that

So that I could keep my old system intact, I got a spare stock muffler (thanks nobbs ) so the stock over-axle pipe could be used to weld the XFTL onto. After speaking to a couple of exhaust places and receiving a rude and dishonest response to my wishes of sticking a 2.5" inlet muffler onto stock 1.75" pipe, I was delighted with the guys at Kirrawee Mufflers when they said "Yeah no problem...$60....bring it back in an hour".

So I went for a cruise, came back and they were done inside half an hour. In fact I was so impressed with their honest, no-bull service that when I realised they charged me 60 cents by mistake I took the $60 the next day.

I had a grin on my face the whole way home, I couldnt stop saying to my mate "Its just how I wanted!!"

So here are the results; XFTL muffler 2.5" straight onto stock system.

BEFORE - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/stockoutside.wav (RC,STA)

AFTER - http://www.geocities.com/session_51/twinloopoutside.wav (RC,STA)

These clips were taken with a computer microphone from around 2m behind the car.

While you are driving, you can hear a small difference when you are on throttle (throaty grrrrr), when no throttle is applied it hardly sounds different and when you back off the gas it gives a nice VVVVvvvvmmmm. Of course, when you are vteccing it the engine is louder than the muffler.

And that, as they say, is that!

Thanks to

Alex

Trav

Kirrawee Mufflers "

quoted from ozhonda forum

Probably not the thread Bangn is refering too.

As this sounds like a very satisfied customer of the XFTL/

But thanks anyway interesting read.

Thanks for the help once again guys... O and I did speak to Grey-Rolla (when I picked up my sportivo grill off him :D (which he got off his mate)), he was happy with the twinloop but not with the catback (not enough back pressure + a dodgy tinny/pinging sound was happening up high).

Edited by grima88

Just a bit of rice factor here, you don't want it too be too audible 'cos then people will know it's an auto when you take off.... Then your street cred goes doooooooooowwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn!

Also, on my Conquest (manual) is a tiny little sports muffler with a chrome tip... My car had "King's Exhaust" stickers on the side of it when I got it, so they could be worth checking out! The guy who used to own the car told me they quoted an 11kw gain (hahahaha). Although I must say it feels chirpier than our Levin (but chirpier is as far as I'd go, it's still a 1ZZ).