The Ashes 2006/7

selyaT

A lot of people don't like cricket (for some odd reason or another) but when it comes to Australia vs. England nobody can look away - stupid poms. Can't wait to watch Punter and the boys go to work on their pasty-skinned rivals.

First test starts on thursday at the Gabba, who has tickets for this series??

From Baggygreen.com:

Australia squad Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Michael Hussey, Shane Watson, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Warne, Brett Lee, Stuart Clark, Mitchell Johnson, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Tait.

Come on Aussie come on :toast::clap::yahoo: :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a block of VB and a couch with my name on it for this weekend :D

I hope its a decent contest, its good to woop A#se, but 2 all going into the final is better.

That said, I think we'll whomp them in three test's each done in three days a pop :spiteful:

Yeah Watson was injured bowling yesterday I think. He must be in as a batsman if they put Michael Clarke in, 'cos if they wanted an all-rounder then surely Andrew Symonds would have to be the replacement.

Hmmm I don't care about the contest, I can watch Australia thump any team over and over and over...

After being at the League game on Saturday night and watching poms eat their stupid little chanted words I WANT MORE!!!!!!! It was awesome !!!!!!!!

Comment of the night from a very drunk bloke behind me....." Hey black shirt(he was a pom in front of us who kept standing up and chanting) you better put some sunscreen on or you'll get sunburnt from the lights"

Gold my friends absolute gold!!!

Hahahaha love it.

We're creaming them anyway. Who saw Mike Hussey's catch this arvo?? Brett Lee scored a nice slice on the knee for his troubles. It was a lot like the Gillespie/Waugh incident a while back when Steve Waugh's face broke Jason Gillespie's leg... or vice-versa.

1 zip with more to come. Had to laugh at the barmy army's comments after the game;- " It'll be a good series with the mother country winning 4-1"

Have to laugh at their sheer optimism or plain stupidity!!!

Poms probably thought they got a darn good total and a great start in the field... and maybe even think they had the 2nd test in the bag.

Outcome looking much more balanced now. GREAT response by the Ozzies !