Shifter locking problem

Hey guys/gals,

I jumped in my car and It appears to be stuck in Park i cant pull it down into reverse or drive or anything else for that matter without holding the 'Shift Lock' botton.

Anyone encounter this, or have a fix?

Hey guys/gals,

I jumped in my car and It appears to be stuck in Park i cant pull it down into reverse or drive or anything else for that matter without holding the 'Shift Lock' botton.

Anyone encounter this, or have a fix?

I know in my Corolla u hav to hav ur foot on the brake to change it

isnt there a button that says *lock* on the autos. maybe its pressed, i have no idea what that button does because i drive manual but it sounds like it has something to do with that. Yea me too gotta have the brake on

Edited by Rolla_Boy

isnt there a button that says *lock* on the autos. maybe its pressed, i have no idea what that button does because i drive manual but it sounds like it has something to do with that. Yea me too gotta have the brake on

if you mean shift lock that is found above the park symbol that releases the shifter. you can also release it by depressing the brake but if that does not work then you should be getting that checked by a mechanic.

i use the shift lock button sometimes. it is helpful when i need to quickly put it into neutral from being parked to roll the car but i cannot use my feet to depress the brake.

I also find that the car ignition needs to be on the "on" position otherwise I cant shift the gears even when I push down on the shift lock button.

Yeah get Toyota to check it up if its under warranty, that way they can check if there is a problem of some sort.

I also find that the car ignition needs to be on the "on" position otherwise I cant shift the gears even when I push down on the shift lock button.

Yeah get Toyota to check it up if its under warranty, that way they can check if there is a problem of some sort.

same with mine, thought thats the only way to use the shift lock button :blink:

I've found the problem,

The stop light wire had touched the speaker wire in the boot. Which caused the stop light fuse to blow. I just replaced the fuse in the glove compartment box and all is good now.

Saved me a trip and some cash by goin down to Garry McMillan.