stroked 2zz?

well, i was talking to my brother in law recently, and as he owns a company that services/installs/removes car hoists etc, hes in and out of workshops everyday. Now he was telling me about this N/A 2ZZ celica that they had in his mates shop on the dyno at croydon somewhere. Now i have no idea exactly what was done to it, but all i was told pretty much was that after $50,000+ (not including cost of brand new car), it was pushing something along the lines of 200-220 kws at the wheels - naturally aspirated, and was able to rev up to 12,500 although peak power was at something like 10,000. Although all that money wasn't spent on engine work, big farkkkkkkk off brakes, full rollcage, pretty much full on track car, although was street registered apparently.

Now i never actually saw this, so everything stated might not be true..but is it possible to be pushing that much power out n/a??

• 3 weeks later...

well, i was talking to my brother in law recently, and as he owns a company that services/installs/removes car hoists etc, hes in and out of workshops everyday. Now he was telling me about this N/A 2ZZ celica that they had in his mates shop on the dyno at croydon somewhere. Now i have no idea exactly what was done to it, but all i was told pretty much was that after $50,000+ (not including cost of brand new car), it was pushing something along the lines of 200-220 kws at the wheels - naturally aspirated, and was able to rev up to 12,500 although peak power was at something like 10,000. Although all that money wasn't spent on engine work, big farkkkkkkk off brakes, full rollcage, pretty much full on track car, although was street registered apparently.

Now i never actually saw this, so everything stated might not be true..but is it possible to be pushing that much power out n/a??

just noticed this now...

honestly i cant imagine that could be true at all. $50k is a fark load of money, and those figures are a big big claim.

i also dont see why people make a big fuss about 'street registered'

In ACT, you go register a car, you do whatever you want to it and not let the rego run out and you dont have a problem at all, simple. i know NSW is different but what about other states?

just noticed this now...

honestly i cant imagine that could be true at all. $50k is a fark load of money, and those figures are a big big claim.

i also dont see why people make a big fuss about 'street registered'

In ACT, you go register a car, you do whatever you want to it and not let the rego run out and you dont have a problem at all, simple. i know NSW is different but what about other states?

Same in Qld as long as you're sensible and don't get pulled over and the cops find something that's a major defect as they'll send you over the pits.