My Ascent

elzee

Hi folks, first post here,

Well I just couldn't resist. After looking to replace my (very old) daily driver for a few years it came down to only a few choices. I needed to have a vehicle that would take me and my wife to work in reasonable comfort and also be able to be the occasional transport for the fur kids when we didn't need to take out the 4WD.

I found this excellent '06 example online, in, of all places, Warragul, Victoria. Pretty much bought it sight unseen (except for four small images of it). Flew down on the Saturday and drove it the 850klm back to Sydney. :)

I have to say Toyota has always impressed us with their build quality and this Corolla Ascent Wagon is no different. We've also owned an early Camry (the box shaped one), a Corolla SECA 1.6ltr a great car and even a Hi-Ace Extra-Cab Ute for a couple of months.

Mods to date .. only a few .. not planning a lot.

0) Already came with these 15" mags (quite nice and one of the reasons I bought it)

1) Fitted, electric window kit $990 (mm comfort)

2) Fitted and painted, Sports Grille (had to do this) $204 for the grille and $150 to have it painted ;)

3) Rear rubber mat from CanopyWorld in Auburn $139 (for the Fur kids)

plans .. Just one, definitely want to lower this a bit with sports springs to take out some of that body roll and I think it'll look great lowered just a bit. :)

Engine mods? .. Well I downloaded an excellent article on the 1ZZ-Fe development and it's a very impressive engine. I think if I was going to do anything I'd replace it with a 2ZZ and know I'm modding an engine designed for performance not fuel economy. :)

post-3199-1166526280_thumb.jpg

post-3199-1166526321_thumb.jpg

Cheers, elZee

Welcome! I think we still have some wagon drivers on the forum (?). We did at one stage :)

Good mods so far, those 15" 6-spoke wheels were the best ones they fitted to the 1ZZ models in my opinion (yes, including the Levin ones).

Have a read around the forums, most of us are still learning even after being members for months/years/ever! Enjoy

Howdy Elzee, welcome to the forums ! :D

Ur fur kids are gems! Do they run around hearding anything they can find :P ?

IZZFEWagon has a great example of modding for a wagon, maybe you could get some ideas off his ride as well?

Another Wagon to add to the TOCA stable!

*cough* *coil overs in buy/sell section * *cough*

Thanks everyone for your warm and friendly welcomes.

Yes the BCs enjoy rounding up anything they can, especially the new one. We quite often take them to Dobroyd Head (Tania Park in Sydney) where they can run leash free and where the Images were taken. :)

I'll look up the mods mentioned and I'll also go to the for sale section and get that *cough* checked out! ;)

Thanks again and Merry Christmas to all.

• 2 weeks later...

hi!!!

welcome to TOCAU!!!

the dogs are so cute!!!!

where in sydney are u?

G'day and Happy New Year,

I'm on the North Shore near Frenchs Forest and occasionally take our dogs up to Dobroyd for a run.

Cheers, elZee