Please help, car hit by unknow guy

you may have full comprehensive but have you taken out a no claim bonus protection ? the reason i ask is if you go through insurance this may affect ur no claim bonus and if it does this means ur next insurance year is going to cost u more money .....

you may have full comprehensive but have you taken out a no claim bonus protection ? the reason i ask is if you go through insurance this may affect ur no claim bonus and if it does this means ur next insurance year is going to cost u more money .....

I do have a rating one protection. Should be ok to claim once a year I believe. Thanks :)

I've been reading your "progress" on the incident. As mentioned before a certain truck should be doing the same rubbish route, and I'd say for certain there HAS to be a record at the Council of which truck did which route on a particular day. So all you have to do is get your neighbour to sign a statutory declaration stating he saw a city council rubbish truck hit your car on that day and it should be good to go

catch the ******ers

Yeah, I probably need more patience here and go through all the procedure. As I mention before, I am not quite familiar with this country and things like that. Thanks for your help. Any support is essential to me. I heard of statutory declaration before but is it need to be done under the witness of people like "police officer" etc? Or just sign it? the problem is my neighbour told me that if anyone contact her, she will happy to told them what happen that day. And she give me her name and working contact phone number. As I rent a house there, not really very know each other before this incident. I don't know whether it is appropriate to ask her to make that declaration and whether it is necessary before I contact the city council by myself. I am really tired of dealing with this problem after the whole procedure of it. I just feel alone and no one gonna to help me out. Every party involve here seem not want to do any job physically. They just keep tell me to investigate and find everything they need. Indeed, I feel lack of power as I am oversea student here.

May be I should calm down and wait until the holiday finish. Then I can give the council a call and try to get the registration number to my insurance company. If not, I will try the police. At the end of the day, if I still can't prove anything, I just spend that $500 and fix my lovely rolla.

Any one have experience with those two repairer before?

Zenith Automotive Body Repairs

CATEGORY: Body Repairs

ADDRESS: Fac 2/20 Brex Court,

RESERVOIR, VIC, 3073

Phone:

Fax: (03) 9462 2381

(03) 9462 0834

Mill Park & South Morang Smash Repairs

CATEGORY: Body Repairs

ADDRESS: 63 Yale Drive,

EPPING, VIC, 3076

Phone:

Fax: (03) 9401 6100

(03) 9401 6101

Email:

www.millparksmash.com.au

I will get two quote from them. Seems they are VACC accredit. Should be ok, am I right?

Anyway, Happy new year to you and your car. :P

Can't say too much about the repairers since Im in Sydney, but with the statutory declaration, I think your neighbour can say what they saw and it only has to be signed by a JP (justice of the peace)

happy new year

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I call the council but they are not working sunday. My case is not an emergency one therefore they can not help until next Tuesday. :angry:

I agree that it should be only one truck responsible without the licence plate. I can give them the time, location, witness, etc. Why I as a customer need to find out the licence plate of that truck? It is not my job. That is why i pay the insurance and tax. They suppose to do their job. But the fact is they just wait me to inspect everything. And I believe they hit and run, that is illegal, right? I am new to this country(just finish my study), I just don't understand that. I can understand without witness and clue, they can do nothing. But now, my friendly neighbour is the witness and it definitely the truck. They still ask me to find out the number plate. It is ridiculous base on my culture and experience. :o

As the saying goes, if you want something done, you gotta do it yourself. Doesnt matter if you pay taxes. People do things when they want to, not because they are paid to (well they should, but they usually do a crap job or try to weasel their way out of it).

I called the city council today. The man worked for the risk management recorded all the detail I provided and told me that he will inspect it and send me a form which I need send back to him.

I also got two quote today. One is quoted for $700, another is $1000. I will wait and see. Just Car still require me to pay the execess unless the responsible truck identified. I still doubt that the council will admitted but I still have chance. All I can do now is wait. I understand they need some time to find the truck. I have done all I can do.

Edited by fzxbeetle

I called the city council today. The man worked for the risk management recorded all the detail I provided and told me that he will inspect it and send me a form which I need send back to him.

I also got two quote today. One is quoted for $700, another is $1000. I will wait and see. Just Car still require me to pay the execess unless the responsible truck identified. I still doubt that the council will admitted but I still have chance. All I can do now is wait. I understand they need some time to find the truck. I have done all I can do.

You shouldnt need to take this thru insurance as the council should cover all the damages.

The responsible truck can be identified.

State the date and time you were hit and they will be able to match the driver doing the run.

You shouldnt need to take this thru insurance as the council should cover all the damages.

The responsible truck can be identified.

State the date and time you were hit and they will be able to match the driver doing the run.

I hope so. But this case is still under investigation and I am still waiting for the result of that investigation. I may contact them again tomorrow and see how things go. I don't want to deal with my insurance as they just waste my time. They do nothing. However after I fax them the two quote, they seem very happy to help me and even call me. <_< It seems to me that they are happy to repair my car as the lowest quote is $690 and I will cover the $500. :ph34r: Also, I can feel the changing attitude after the two quotes. If I can deal with the city council without problem, I will never never call my insurance again. :angry: They just want my $500 excess and I really don't know why?

Edited by fzxbeetle

I hope so. But this case is still under investigation and I am still waiting for the result of that investigation. I may contact them again tomorrow and see how things go. I don't want to deal with my insurance as they just waste my time. They do nothing. However after I fax them the two quote, they seem very happy to help me and even call me. <_< It seems to me that they are happy to repair my car as the lowest quote is $690 and I will cover the $500. :ph34r: Also, I can feel the changing attitude after the two quotes. If I can deal with the city council without problem, I will never never call my insurance again. :angry: They just want my $500 excess and I really don't know why?

Of course they want your money.... they are no different to anyone else.

As for the council, persistence pays off.

If the person you are speaking to doesn't help and treats you rudely, kindly ask for their full name, employment title and department. If they dont want to tell you request to speak to their manager, if their direct manager is busy request to speak to another manager, and if that is busy request to speak to the next manager. There is bound to be at least one manager who is free.

Make sure you record the time and date of everyone you spoke to.

Once you manage to speak to that manager ask for their full name and department in which they work, if they refuse they obviously don't want to help you (and are scared you might report them, hence they hide behind a phone), request to speaker to higher management.

Eventually you will get someone who will help you, state your case, advise them of EVERYONE you spoke to, what those people said (no need to mention their tone at this stage - only answer this question if asked).

Remember to stay calm at all times, do not raise your tone, once you raise your tone you give them a reason not to help you. A customer service rep from the council does not have a leg to stand on if you have been polite to them and they have been unhelpful ;)

Of course they want your money.... they are no different to anyone else.

As for the council, persistence pays off.

If the person you are speaking to doesn't help and treats you rudely, kindly ask for their full name, employment title and department. If they dont want to tell you request to speak to their manager, if their direct manager is busy request to speak to another manager, and if that is busy request to speak to the next manager. There is bound to be at least one manager who is free.

Make sure you record the time and date of everyone you spoke to.

Once you manage to speak to that manager ask for their full name and department in which they work, if they refuse they obviously don't want to help you (and are scared you might report them, hence they hide behind a phone), request to speaker to higher management.

Eventually you will get someone who will help you, state your case, advise them of EVERYONE you spoke to, what those people said (no need to mention their tone at this stage - only answer this question if asked).

Remember to stay calm at all times, do not raise your tone, once you raise your tone you give them a reason not to help you. A customer service rep from the council does not have a leg to stand on if you have been polite to them and they have been unhelpful ;)

The one who I spoke to is fine and he was really doing something. He sent me a form at the day He talked with me. The letter also include his name, title and contact phone number. I am sure he must need some time to find out what happened. Your words is very helpfull, I will remember the rule while I deal with them. Thanks B)