Advancing Lift

NIKICH

guys relax..

the engine is optimised as it is, sure go ahead and try and lower lift but from what ive seen so far u guys are going to end up with alot of money spent and minimal results, as well as possible disasterous scenarios if any thing fails or blows....

the only mod which i have seen work well is supercharging VVTI engines, especially those sold as Celica GT in America, they have a 1ZZ i think..no lift, but plenty of decent turbo/supercharging kits for em..

turboing the 2ZZ (in celicas anyways, GTS in america) is one of those "gray" topics. People have done it, plenty of disaster stories, high maintenance, and no where near the reliability or sturdiness of conventional toyota engines (5SfE, 3SGTE etc)...the 2ZZ wasnt mean to run turbo, so doin so usually means alot of problems with heating, management etc..

this process also means using a new computers, and there are always dramas with replacing with aftermarket computers, apexi etc have been used on the 2ZZ but because the factory ECU has complex features and properties which arent accomodated by the aftermarket models ( TRD japan will not release information about its developed chip also!) people are getting oil and engine light failures etc as examples of some of the constant problems..not worth the hassle IMO

supercharging is a great idea, come in to bring power down low, an then shut down and let Lift push the motor through the higher RPM. unfortunately its more complex than that, due to engine management and timing, making sure supercharger/lift is switched accurately...has been a little successfuly but expensive!

lucio_libre: damn man! heheh....not entirely true.

i know a 4banger n/a that can can up and sometimes beat turbos...and i'm NOT kidding. he's got the 1/4 run slips to prove it.

all i'm saying is....with a N/A engine...you modify it DIFFERENTLY.

cams, port and polish....we dont' have forced induction..thus we do things differently...

the VTEC controller from what i've heard can also control the VVTL-i.

mmmkay?

i don't think vtect controllers work as the vvtli is appparently (no offence to vtec) much more intricate and complicated than vtec or mivec, as sharms said there has been so much talk about this on celica forum but not real out come as yamaha help design the engine, they are another body i would be ringing/emailing in japan and asking them what they would suggest to bring the power up

Luke

Would be nice with another 1k of lift though

How many of you guys find that when your stivo is on lift its a right killer in a straight line ?? <_< Well I can understand the pursuit of a lil more stick up top, but lets put things into perspective, where do you think your stivo is the lamest ?? In the bottom end, under the Hi Stick right ??...

Ive been working on building a little more torque below that magic 6k range... Ive laid my hands on a Piggy Back ecu from Greddy (Emanage).. Which is showing some encouraging initial results...

Like I said in one of my last posts... Think, plan, research !!!.... Ive been reading on one of the Matirx forums about some folks using UniChip piggy backs.. They were all raving for weeks .. Big promises made by the tuner.. But overall very lame results..

IMHO chase some more workable torque down low... This is where you need it....

Neways nuff of my crap..

so if i pay twice as much by getting them to install it then it should b fine??

ill have to reasurch, cos i love the idea of having the quikest stivo. :lol:

i believe changing mechanical parts like pistons is the way to go, it may cost alot for installation but i think its worth it.

but im definately getting the trd flywheel and the pulleys to free up some power.

the trd xhaust costs a bit too much to b a viable option, but just the xtractors/headers should b enuf.

• 7 years later...

i know a 4banger n/a that can can up and sometimes beat turbos...and i'm NOT kidding. he's got the 1/4 run slips to prove it.

cams, port and polish....we dont' have forced induction..thus we do things differently...

mmmkay?

thats wat i'm doning with my sptivo atm, lookin at a VTEC controller just to see if it actually changes the lift gain. got told there about 200-300 bucks for a VTEC controller, an drop the lift down an see wat it can do.. hopefully inproov is wat i am hoping slightly :D

mmmkay?

thats wat i'm doning with my sptivo atm, lookin at a VTEC controller just to see if it actually changes the lift gain. got told there about 200-300 bucks for a VTEC controller, an drop the lift down an see wat it can do.. hopefully inproov is wat i am hoping slightly :D

umm, interesting... lets see how you go dude ;)

mmmkay?

This sounds just like Hondas VTEC controller, it doesn't really improve performance to your car in all honesty.

There's no real gain in power, just a but of fun and probably a quicker acceleration, but when you think about it, it's still the same car......

Plus, its best not to play around with stuff like that. Few guys I know from Ozhonda complained about VTEC Controllers hurting their cars and pockets.

If you want gains, go for modding your engine for more power. Supercharger would be nice, but still you can't simply put on in with a piggy backed ECU and expect not to have any issues

What you do with your car is none of my business though, but saying you'd get a slight improvement or any gains from a computer that controls when your Lift engages is being really naive, sorry mate but I'll just tell you how it is

Edited by .gorgz

mmmkay?

This sounds just like Hondas VTEC controller, it doesn't really improve performance to your car in all honesty.

There's no real gain in power, just a but of fun and probably a quicker acceleration, but when you think about it, it's still the same car............ <_<

There's absolutely NO gain from it at all

Plus, its best not to play around with stuff like that. It comes optimised out of the factory, so I wouldn't touch anything involving my Lift unless it breaks. Few guys I know from Ozhonda complained about VTEC Controllers hurting their cars and pockets.

If you want gains, go for modding your engine for more power. Supercharger would be nice, but still you can't simply put on in with a piggy backed ECU and expect not to have any issues

What you do with your car is none of my business though, but saying you'd get a slight improvement or any gains from a computer that controls when your Lift engages is being really naive, sorry mate but I'll just tell you how it is