4runner 4x4

tmaster

G/Day! Club Members,

:help::help:

I've just bought a 1992 4 runner 2.7L Diesel in pretty good shape except for the aircon.

The bloke I bought it from had the aircon condenser come adrift from its mounts and damaged the radiator.

At the time, he got the radiator fixed but left the condenser etc out of the vehicle. He adjusted the price to cover the replacement of the condensor etc buit I think I've come out a bit battered on the deal./

So I've inherited the dilemma of sourcing, assembling, putting it all back together again.

First, I have purchased a repair manual on Ebay and hope to receive it this week.

It appears everything forward of the radiator is missing, except for the two aircon pipes (taped up/sealed) sitting either side of the radiator and one mesh covered electric? Fan.

Closer study, reveals a taped up electrical connection which I assume is for a second electric Fan.

So it appears I need a condensor and one mesh covered electric fan.

The Compressor is in place but not yet tested.

One enquiry with a wrecking yard told me I also needed a "Drier" which he explained as a smaller version of the condensor. So he has completely confused me.

Just what aircon parts are fitted forward of the radiator on the Diesel 4Runner?

Should I get a larger condensor than the original?

Will a Hilux Diesel condensor do the job?

How do the fans work? by a electric regulator?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :clap:

Basically they are all the same. There is only a drier and a condenser at the front plus some wiring .

The fans may come on when the vehicle is in heavy traffic and would be triggered by a temp sensor some where.

However Im guessing the fans may have been added on by someone . My volvo has a fan on the condenser but not my landcruiser.

I would take it to someone ,you will have to do that to have it regassed.

If it has not been converted to the new gas that will also have to be done,which means a new drier and different fittings to add the gas. They usually put new seals in the metal tubes but its not much.

The wiring could go to the fast idle solenoids. They switch on a vaccum device on the inj pump to make it idle faster when switched on.

Edited by sandgroper