05 Camry - Front 6x9 options

Altise_Guy

Hi everyone.

I'm just curious as to what aftermarket 6x9s people have managed to fit (as direct replacements) in the front doors of their Camry's.

Also, has anyone used these 6x9 Camry speaker adapters to make installation easier?

post-2598-1170495563_thumb.jpg

The wife loves her tunes. The headunit and amplification is sorted, so I'm going for the beefiest 6x9s I can find that will fit without major modification to the doors. Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Cheers

I dont think you can shove 6x9's in the front (not enough space)

Personally, if you need a spacer, make one out of timber (even MDF or Thin Chip board). It will give you a better freq response than plastic

I had to use spacers for fronts (6"speakers), rears (6x9's) and compared to plastic, 1000x better.

Just make sure its BOLTED down properly, otherwise you get a rattle :P

I think acoustically 6x9's just don't belong in the front. They would be too full bodied. Bass is obviously non-directional, but it's my belief that up front you're better having speakers with more natural treble and a little mid-range than just bass/treble and midrange.

I could be talking crap, if I am I'm sorry :lol: that's just what I've found, in and out of cars (guitarist as well).

pete the gen5 comes with 6x9s stock, as for aftermarket speakers... ive tried to convince mum to let me do the stereo in her 04 camry :( no luck

and badboyz i would agree with you i have no idea why they put them in the front

Thanks for the replies guys.

bADbOYz, you make a good point. This may be a good opportunity to put something more suitable in the doors. 6x9s would be the most convenient option in regards to fitting. But for overall sound quality, perhaps a quality set of splits would be the go.

Has anyone had a go at installing afermarket 6x9s in the doors? What was the outcome?

Oh my ***! I just thought I was a whacked out muso all along but I'm not! :lol:

Yeah I've seen it done before, I have to say mainly in competition 'sound off' cars where it's all, 'Ok...now we get OUT of the car and fire it up'. Just not worth it if you're in the car I think.

Last I looked the Pioneer Pro Series and Boston Acoustics (salivates) splits were bloody awesome value for what you get. Nearly anything sounds good through them, and I'm a Tool / Smashing Pumpkins kind of guy :D