Worn Bushes.

DuGong

• 2 months later...

I have exactly the same problem.

Also contributes to understeer / oversteer. I need to get bushes and suspension replaced very very soon...

I feel my Vienta's pain everytime I go over a ditch in the road. :(

since my car is an oldie 25 years old :lol: the effects of worn bushes where pretty bad!! LOL but i still drove it!

I just got mine done on my car makes a big bloody difference !! cars handles great :D love it just need to replace tie rod ends again <_< my wheel alignment had too much toe grrrrr which has cause the tie rods to give now and tyres have been waring out ..... never going back to the place i went to when i got it done!!! idiots..

in yours it would depend on how you drive ? i think you should get them replaced if the car isnt like it was when you first got the car . you wanna be safe!

• 3 years later...

on average how often would bushes need to be replaced or it's too hard to say?

What are some tests from under the car could you do to determine if they need replacing? One place I had them done is the guy yanked at the bushes and said it shouldn't be moving as much as it did...

I asked the mechanic what are symptoms of bushes wearing out and he said the rear wants to go forward upon braking.

After the change of the rear bushes I could not feel a diff!

The car had done 80,000km/98year model car.

Sloppyness within the bush is the tell tail sign. Jacking the car up and trying to move an item of suspension can show this up, but because the bushes are rubber they move a little anyway. This is when experience comes into it. But you can get close, if the movement still feels firm and rubbery it's fine; If there is movement (remember we're only talking a small amount of wear) and you can feel it moving freely then it's worn. Don't go to poly bushes if you want the car to remain comfortable day to day.