Landing in Lift

Hey 2ZZGE owners, since i got the corolla Sportivo about 4months now, had not once landing in lift from 1st to 2nd, 2nd to 3rd ok, I finally got it once in lift from 1st to 2nd gear :D , man it is a good feeling, but what i notice is the wheel spins in 2nd when landed in lift and i find it brutal.

Anyone have the same feeling or it is just me, a pretty Crap driver <_<

You usually only get it to it lift 1st to 2nd by hitting the limitrt then a quick change and yeah sometimes it just axle tramps wich is pretty brutal, but then sometimes you get it just right and get a slight chirp an your away ready to break the speed limit. Its pretty much the same for 2nd to 3rd.

IN triptronic, because mines a 2000, the revlimiter is around 8400rpm as opposed to later years where it was reduced to 7400rpm coz kids were blowing 2ZZ's in their celicas..

in complete auto mode, u will have to push the car to get in near 6krpm but u will find the auto gearbox usually, unless ur flat on the pedal, will change up a gear before u hit lift..

in triptronic, u can take it all the way to 8.5 i think then the rev limiter kicks in and i havent tried it but apparently if u hit revlimiter for longer than like 2-3sec it auto shifts up a gear..

i havent tried the land in lift thing, id imagine i would land just before lift, at about 5krpm ish...

by the time u get to lift in third gear on triptronic the car will be doing ~180kmh so its a bit hard to test it on normal roads...

I can so see a stivo vs celica thing happening though hehe judging by the posts