05 Corolla throttle response.

Anyone have any thoughts on curing a fairly dismal (from idle) throttle response on a 05 Corolla?

Combined with a light and quick clutch, taking off requires a fair bit of finesse to do it nicely. It appears to be a common enough problem and I'm sure addressing the lag would cure most of it.

Regards

The Turtle.

Probably the first and easiest thing to do is to reset the ECU and make it 'forget' about the slow throttle response. Once reset, drive / rev the car hard to make the ECU learn that behaviour.

Search for threads on resetting the ECU if you're wondering how (it's a case of uncoupling the battery and letting the car loose any excess charge).

While that's being done, why dont you give your air filter a clean?

Cheers

Anyone have any thoughts on curing a fairly dismal (from idle) throttle response on a 05 Corolla?

Combined with a light and quick clutch, taking off requires a fair bit of finesse to do it nicely. It appears to be a common enough problem and I'm sure addressing the lag would cure most of it.

Regards

The Turtle.

Is it a cable-throttle model, or the electronic-throttle model (non-sportivo), they changed this in 05. I have driven both and the electronic-throttle model feels like an X-BOX, not a car.

Edited by omn1potent

Regards

The Turtle.

Is it a cable-throttle model, or the electronic-throttle model (non-sportivo), they changed this in 05. I have driven both and the electronic-throttle model feels like an X-BOX, not a car.

Well...............I dont know where the electronic bit is. It's a cable to the throttle body as far as I can tell. More like a Play Station really.