HKS Coilovers

69.NIX

just wondering whatt people think or have heard about HKS coilovers?

I'm looking into new suspension for my camry and just seeing what options are available

Suggestions on brands / part numbers please

thanks in advance

pete

I'd look into some local TEIN's from Fulcrum, probably a bit more suitable for everyday driving.

HKS are quite nice coilovers.

Fulcrum could also custom make you a set for your car, that's what I had done for my rex wagon before off the shelf coilovers were available for them. They use stuff like koni inserts and kings prosport progressive rate coilover springs to get the ride type you specify.

Edited by rollamods

• 3 weeks later...

What do you plan to do with your car? Daily? Track? If it's mainly for the street/crusing, I would just go the shocks (Koni or KYB) with some lowered springs. You'd save alot of money aswell.

Also remember, if you buy HKS coilovers, they will be tuned for jap roads. Since we have way crapper roads then japan, the ride will be very very stiff.

What do you plan to do with your car? Daily? Track? If it's mainly for the street/crusing, I would just go the shocks (Koni or KYB) with some lowered springs. You'd save alot of money aswell.

Also remember, if you buy HKS coilovers, they will be tuned for jap roads. Since we have way crapper roads then japan, the ride will be very very stiff.

AGREED...HKS,TEINS etc are great but if your only driving this on the street & not planning taking on track,it'll be a very expensive exercise..Koni's shocks,KYB's,Nolathane & Hot bits are recommended in this case,i used to use the Hotbits coilovers (around 850 per corner can get them cheaper tho)in our EVO 3 for weekend motorkhanas & to service these babies compared to the Japanese/bilsteinss etc its much cheaper as well ...

i looked at hotbits and was going to get them since around the same cost as japanese coilovers but custom made and installed (was looking for a serious drop, lower than off shelf coilovers). servicing is cheaper since hotbits are designed and developed locally and warranty can take the car over to them to look at.