Toyota Hilux, How to export to West Indies

hiluxcrazy

Trying to get some information on how to purchase and export a 05 or 06 RHD Hilux SR or SR5 4.0L V6 double cab, 4x4. Is this particular Hilux in fact made in Thailand? All the export companies I have contacted in Thailand can only provide the Hilux Vigo which is not available with the 4.0 l gasoline engine. If I were to purchase new (MY 07) would the truck first have to be imported into Australia, or can I purchase from the factory or factory dealer (where ever that is) for direct shipment to Jamaica. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trying to get some information on how to purchase and export a 05 or 06 RHD Hilux SR or SR5 4.0L V6 double cab, 4x4. Is this particular Hilux in fact made in Thailand? All the export companies I have contacted in Thailand can only provide the Hilux Vigo which is not available with the 4.0 l gasoline engine. If I were to purchase new (MY 07) would the truck first have to be imported into Australia, or can I purchase from the factory or factory dealer (where ever that is) for direct shipment to Jamaica. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes the current model is built in Thailand. And you are able to export to from Australia but I am 99% sure that you will be unable to purchase directly from the Thailand factoy. Myself as an employee of Prosser Toyota cannot even purchase directly from Toyota Motor Corp Australia, so I would imagine it being very difficult to a do a direct purchase from Thailand.

Once the Hilux has been imported in to Australia, dealers are able to sell them to businesses, and whatever they chose to do with the trucks from then is up to the buyer (export).