A little CAI help please

Thanks to a tip off from this site i've tracked down a CAI

http://shop.edoperformance.com/injen-race-...xrs-p-5868.html

from that site

i have a pre-facelift '04 corolla sportivo and am pretty keen to get a CAI

is the performance increase noticeable/worth it?

the guys from that site have quoted me $390AUD to get it here from the states, is that a decent price?

the CAI should fit straight into the engine with minimal fuss? no cuttin holes in anything etc?

i live in Newcastle, NSW if anyone could suggest somewhere easier/cheaper to get it from

Cheers

sorry to be a pest, but i've been through that info over and over, i'm really just trying to get confirmation that that CAI will fit my car before i fork over $400. I've emailed Injen but yet to get a reply

I've also found these two on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...A:IT&ih=009

i read on here that dealing with race options was painful, and that the Injen CAI is better than the TRD?

Will the part for an 02-03 matrix definitely fit my 04 sportivo is the real question also? and will it install with minimal fuss? i've read a few things on this forum about the car not running well with the CAI when the car is cold, do many people have this problem?

thanks again!

I paid $400aud for my trd cai including shipping.im sure you converted your price too. To me its the same except the higher revs it feels abit quicker but i cant really notice anythign below, You will also love the sound the first time you hear it.

hey there

im just installed my SRI short ram system) on my sportivo

and the sound is ........ FKN AWSOME haha

i notice more throttle responce maybe its just revving more freely coz it can breathe

but back to your questions SRI will be alot cheaper but u need to make heat shield and have a feed from the grill or foglight region to optimise its use

where as CAI u dont but u have a long a$$ pipe

i think you will get more top end with CAI but more responce with SRI

btw i paid around the $200 mark for my SRI new its an APEXi

my 2cents

so finally, any of the above links should fit my car and install with minimal fuss?

The TRD one in the second link will install, but you need an angle grinder to cut through one of the supplied brackets so that it can support the CAI tubing nearest to the pod filter.

I can't comment on the other links as I don't have an injen.