Member of the Month Archive

Member of the Month - March 2008

MR22ZZ aka Blue_Stivo aka Dylan

Congrats Dylan and well deserved. Dylan joined TOCAU on the 1st August 2004 and to date has made 6098 posts. He averages 5 posts per day on the forum mostly in the Corolla/corolla Sportivo, General and Club Lounge sections. He contributes with a lot of informative and technical information as well as quite a few well timed whitty comments. Dylan owned a 2003 Sportivo(cascade blue) which he sold last year to a Brissy member.

He holds the TOCAU record for the fastest N/A Sportivo with 14.368 @99.20mph at WSID with a CAI and CES catback. Dylan now owns a 1989(sorry if I'm wrong mate) MR2 which he has plans underway to replace the 4age with a 2ZZ. Dylan lives in Wollongong and often travels up to Sydney to attend quite a few meets and outings and loves competing in track days as well.

Once again congratulations Dylan on being the first TOCAU MEMBER OF THE MONTH!!!

Profile MR22ZZ

Members Ride MR2 Corolla Sportivo

Member of the Month - April 2008

SuperDave aka Dave

Congratulations to SuperDave. Dave has been a member of the forum for 3 and a half years, and judging by his profile he, at 4 years old is the youngest licenced member. He is drives a black 2004 Corolla Sportivo, and despite the lack of real mods he is (as far as we know) the only forum member with an oil cooler on his sportivo. Dave is also the suspension guru of Tocau, providing advice to the other members when required. SuperDave has posted 1581 times to date, and was the winner of the Tocau Formula One mini league for 2006 and 2007.

SuperDave is also very fond of hitting the track, and to date his achievements are: 1/4 mile at Willowbank: 15.132, Sprint track at Queensland Raceway: 66.05, Clubman track: 70.36, Mt. Cotton hill climb: 59.3

Congratulations SuperDave!!!

Profile SuperDave

Members Ride Corolla Sportivo

• 4 weeks later...

Member of the Month - May 2008

SilvaBullit aka Brennden

Joined TOCAU 6th October 2004 with the help of a member who was on here (Hames). My intro into the world of car forums. Have made 3633 posts in that time mostly in the corolla/sportivo section as well as the workshop and maintainence section. Worked in conjunction with CES developing catback exhausts for ZZE122/3's as well as CAI's and Headers. Also been involved with King springs in some R& D work. My business RBT Motorsport has done a lot of work on members from TOCAU's cars over the last 4 odd years doing everything from suspension set ups to cosmetic modifications to general servicing. I owned a 2003 sportivo which I modified performance wise and cosmetically and also was the guinea pig for much of the testing done at CES. I organise the odd event for the Qld members and enjoy chatting and helping other members with their cars and sourcing them parts at cheaper than retail prices.

My Dad is a mechanic so a love for cars was bred into me at an early stage. He is my boss at work and we maintain a fleet of buses and machinery for a private school. I also do car detailing for people I know for shows etc etc as well as doing 4WD Safari Tours from time to time for my cousin when needed. I love old VW's and own a 76 Kombi with a "difference". Have just finished building my brother's VW with a bored and stroked turbo efi engine which should push the car into the high 11's.I am married(no kids) to a wonderful wife who cannot understand the passion I have for cars and all things mechanical in the same way i can't figure out her passion for shoes!!

Profile Silvabullit

Members Ride Corolla Sportivo HiLux

• 5 weeks later...

Member of the Month - June 2008

Tayles aka James

Tayles has been a member of TOCAU for almost 2 and a half years now, and surprisingly is the 2nd red-head to win Member of the Month. Incredible! Tayles is a consistent contributor to this forum assisting other members in all sections from Corolla mods to soccer results to crucifying all members who dont read the buy and sell rules!!! Tayles owns a white Corolla which is tastefully modified with a custom front bar, Tein Super Wagon coilovers, white wheels as well as a wicked stereo, intake and exhaust system.

Tayles is also heavily involved in motorsport with ZZE Corolla's. He has competed successfully in numerous hillclimbs with his best time at the Canberra SDMA Hillclimb being a 53.20s lap - faster than most of the V8 Commodores around the same track!! He is also involved in rallying with 2 Corolla Sportivo's which are very competitive in the local and state championships.

Congratulations Tayles!!!

Profile Tayles

Members Ride Corolla