Hilux

Michelle & Lindsay

Only wiring i ever did was on the headdeck LOL! But it would be interesting to see one. Ill look around for you matey!

Thanks for the quick reply, however the diagram does not show the head lights. My drama is, the previous owner fancied themself as an auto electrician and wired up the spot lights. I can operate the high beam and the spot lights when I use the flash position. When I push the lever back to operate the high beam, the high beam does not work however the spot lights do. To make matters worse, when I turn on the head lights, one in on high beam and the other low. I have tested the relays and they operate correctly, the wiring however is all over the place with a lot of different coloured wires. If I can get a diagram, I will bring the car back to spec.

Thanks again.

not sure if u wanna know guys but heres a quick rundown on spottie wiring done heaps on my luxes got 6 lightforce 240 blitzes on bothe u could say it pumps out some light lol but here it is

from dipping wire on headlight (positive its the top wire on the 3 pin plug) to either no. 85 or 86 on the relay doesnt matter

87 on relay goes to spotties if using a five pin relay use one for each light and if 4 pin relay tap in to one pin for two lights

30 on relay is 12v positive from either alternator or prefered battery remembering to run a waterproof fuse in line to this

and either the 85 or 86 which ever is left to the switch then outa the switch to earth this enables u too isolate spotties and just use factory lighting or if u put it from realy straight to ground/body spotties will work whenever highbeam is selected (the authorites prefer a switch lol)

i prefer to run a wire for earthing rite from the spotties to the battery just to make sure it works properly

the drawing is a bit primitive but it looks similiar to a hilux engine bay haha

post-6551-1213268373_thumb.jpg

not sure if u wanna know guys but heres a quick rundown on spottie wiring done heaps on my luxes got 6 lightforce 240 blitzes on bothe u could say it pumps out some light lol but here it is

from dipping wire on headlight (positive its the top wire on the 3 pin plug) to either no. 85 or 86 on the relay doesnt matter

87 on relay goes to spotties if using a five pin relay use one for each light and if 4 pin relay tap in to one pin for two lights

30 on relay is 12v positive from either alternator or prefered battery remembering to run a waterproof fuse in line to this

and either the 85 or 86 which ever is left to the switch then outa the switch to earth this enables u too isolate spotties and just use factory lighting or if u put it from realy straight to ground/body spotties will work whenever highbeam is selected (the authorites prefer a switch lol)

i prefer to run a wire for earthing rite from the spotties to the battery just to make sure it works properly

the drawing is a bit primitive but it looks similiar to a hilux engine bay haha

Mate as soon as i opened up that picture i was like DAM!! Did this guy take a picture of my engine bay when i wasnt looking!!!! :P

haha trust me mate if u name a bolt i could tell u the length, type and what it holds on i have been jammed in a hilux engine bay so many times its not funny lol

i do no the headlight wirng colours but cant think of them at this time as i have totally rewired my engine bay

Id probs just resort to pluggin ***** into random places and seeing if it works HAHA!

hey dont laugh that works sometimes providing u got a couple of spare fuses as well lol done it with an ignition swiitch once in the bush

Thanks for this I hope I can work it out. Bit of a novice when it comes to wiring. I will be able to follow the diagram. I am wiring spotlights into the reverse lights and wondering can you just wire the lights to the reverse lights and just earth the other wire without blowing anything?

Edited by Rocket Rod

Thanks for this I hope I can work it out. Bit of a novice when it comes to wiring. I will be able to follow the diagram. I am wiring spotlights into the reverse lights and wondering can you just wire the lights to the reverse lights and just earth the other wire without blowing anything?

ummm it depends how much the lights will draw for the strandard relay/fuse etc but generally u should be right to just tap into them but if u wanna put a relay in it u just wire it in the same fashion as the spotty diagram i put in but instead of goin to the headlight wire plug it onto the reverse light trigger wire on the gearbox from deep in my noggin im pretty sure its a 2 pin plug and is a green/red wire but may be different on a later model only dealt with earlier model luxes