Toyotalink Appreciation Thread

Freddo

Toyotalink called me today to tell me the battery was draining.

found out someone left the interior light on - a guest.

so saved me from getting a flat battery... which woulda saved me alot of pain calling RAC out jump starting the car and driving it for like an hour or so and wasting petrol - as i woulda have for my other car.

when it expires i will seriously reconsider extending it. hope they can do monthly direct debits instead

You need to put some good LED's in there. I have left LED interior lights on for more than 24 hours and it barely uses any power.

But it's good to hear that at least someone here is making use of the Toyotalink service. I seriously wonder how busy/quiet their call centre is.

Please excuse my ignorance, but can someone please explain what Toyotalink is?

Toyota Link is a service offered by Toyota on their Presara grade of the Aurion that utilises the mobile telephone network (GSM), and the Global Positioning System (GPS). Instead of giving a half-decent answer, it's probably best to direct you here:

Toyota Link

Toyota Link is a state-of-the-art satellite communications system that gives you access to roadside assistance and emergency help.

A hands-free microphone mounted to your overhead console connects you to a Toyota Link agent, any time of day or night. It means you can drive safe in the knowledge that there's help on hand.

Using the control buttons on the overhead console, you are able to contact the Toyota Link help centre in the event of emergency, or if you need roadside assistance.

If you're locked out, call us and we will remotely unlock your vehicle for you.

If it's stolen, call in and we will track it and alert the police.

And Toyota Link looks out for you too. If the battery level falls, if the alarm is triggered or if the airbags are deployed then an agent will be on the line, checking that everything is okay.

Toyota Link is a state-of-the-art satellite communications system that gives you access to roadside assistance and emergency help. A hands-free microphone mounted to your overhead console connects you to a Toyota Link agent, any time of day or night. It means you can drive safe in the knowledge that there's help on hand.

Emergency operator assist

Press the 'Emergency' button in a Toyota Link vehicle, and the Toyota Link agent will make voice contact with the occupant, locate the vehicle, and get help if it's needed.

Remote door unlocking

Call Toyota Link if your keys are locked in your vehicle, and we'll send a signal to unlock it.

Low battery alert

If the battery in your Toyota Link vehicle is running low, a Toyota Link agent will try to contact you to let you know.

Unauthorised entry alert

If a Toyota Link vehicle alarm is triggered, we'll try to make voice contact to verify the identity of the occupant, and contact authorities if there's a problem.

Roadside assistance

Press the 'Toyota Link' button in your vehicle and the Toyota Link agent will make contact, locate the vehicle and arrange road assistance.

Stolen vehicle tracking

Report your stolen Toyota Link vehicle stolen, and the Toyota Link agent will locate and track it, and notify police of its location.

Accident notification

If your Toyota Link vehicle is involved in an accident, Toyota Link will be notified by an electronic signal. An agent will attempt to make contact with the vehicle occupant, and follow up if necessary.

Just let everyone know: Toyotalink does not work at the Telstra Tower car park in Canberra. On 1/7/2009, I took a short visit to the tower, it turned out to be a very long visit: I could not open the car, had to use the key to open it but could not start the car, only getting "Key not detected" message. I pressed Toyotalink button few times but no reply. At the end I had to call FleetPartners and they sent a NRMA guy up to help.

Many thanks to the guy (sorry I did not ask his name). He told me: signals from the tower have interfered with the system, we need to put the transposer very close to the start button to start the car. For the record: I could not lock my BMW another day (same car park) using the remote control (and did not know this signal business).

BH

Just let everyone know: Toyotalink does not work at the Telstra Tower car park in Canberra. On 1/7/2009, I took a short visit to the tower, it turned out to be a very long visit: I could not open the car, had to use the key to open it but could not start the car, only getting "Key not detected" message. I pressed Toyotalink button few times but no reply. At the end I had to call FleetPartners and they sent a NRMA guy up to help.

Many thanks to the guy (sorry I did not ask his name). He told me: signals from the tower have interfered with the system, we need to put the transposer very close to the start button to start the car. For the record: I could not lock my BMW another day (same car park) using the remote control (and did not know this signal business).

It is written in the manual that strong radio signals can interfere with operations of the Smart Entry system. Even some car parks with enough lighting from arc lamps can cause issues due to the high frequency they use. I wouldn't be surprised though. There is enough microwave power up at the Telstra tower there to probably cook your insides well and truly, and probably make you sterile.

For anyone not aware of the Telstra tower, this is what your transponder in your car is up against:

dsc03584q.jpg